Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately i have had to push my brake alot harder to get the ignition to kick in. Is there an ajustment for this?

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Murdock, the brake safety switch is on of the few on the RZR that isn't a sealed connection. I noticed my was rather nasty on a recent service job. Remove the seats and the rear panel that covers the clutch housing. There sits the switch on top of the hydraulic brake valve body. Pull the connector off, wire brush the switch contacts, spray some of your favorite liquid on the switch. try it now. If that doesn't help, you may need to replace the switch.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Is there anyway to disable this feature?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think you can bypass it but your brake lights will stay on all the time.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
I bypassed mine while diagnosing what turned out to be a bad bearing in the nose of the starter motor. I pulled the 2 prong connector off of the switch, and installed a homemade wire with 2 spade terminals across the wire connection. Now I don't have to step on the brakes, but that comes off and I go back to factory set up when I am done. It is simply too dangerous to leave it bypassed IMHO.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Called the dealer today and he said to bring it in to change the brake switch. Oh well i have extended warranty i should use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts