Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Steve
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help! When attempting to start my RZR570 my brake lights do not come on when the brake pedal is depressed and the RZR will not turn over. When I jump the contacts on the Brake pressure switch the brake lights come on and the RZR will turn over and start right up.

Does this sound like a defective Brake Pressure Switch? If so, it looks like the part is #12 on the attached photo. My question is do I have to remove the brake fluid lines to install the new switch?

Steve
2014 RZR570
BPS.png

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
The switch is also the banjo bolt that mount ts the front brake lines to the master cylinder. After you put the new switch on. Crack it loose and ha e someone slowly push down on the brake pedal to purge the small amount of air that will get trapped at the master cylinder.

·
Steve
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have put down I have a 2014 model and the switch is under the drivers seat.
Steve
2014 RZR 570

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,224 Posts
The connection to the switch is known to get packed with mud and grit and fail to make contact. Unplug it and clean it out and try again.

Reactions: Katnapper

·
Steve
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Denver - I have had mud guards over that area so it was very clean. Double-checked to make sure and still is doing the same thing.

Steve
2014 RZR570

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,224 Posts
Thanks Denver - I have had mud guards over that area so it was very clean. Double-checked to make sure and still is doing the same thing.

Steve
2014 RZR570
This is probably not going to help, but it was a problem with a few 570's. Open the engine hatch and look in toward the rear. There's a wiring harness that, on a few, was not installed correctly and fell down and laid on the muffler, melting the insulation and shorting out the brake lights, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts