Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a 2009 RZR Trail. The brake lights stay on any time the key is on and I do not have to touch the brake pedal to start. I have checked the brake light switch and looked for shorts/bare wires. Any ideas?

·
Registered
394 Posts
What did you do to "check" the BLS? I would suspect if you unplugged the switch, the machine will not start and the brake lights would not illuminate. If the machine starts and the brake lights are on with the switch disconnected, I would suspect a short. Checking out the wiring diagram in your service manual may help also.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,178 Posts
Hi guys,
I have a 2009 RZR Trail. The brake lights stay on any time the key is on and I do not have to touch the brake pedal to start. I have checked the brake light switch and looked for shorts/bare wires. Any ideas?
If you're sure that switch is good, then you have a short to ground on the normally open end of it, and it's hard to say where that would be at, have to chase some wires, wiggle some things until you see that brake lights flicker or change.

I'm not sure how you tested it, but to test that switch correctly, you need to meter continuity across it, it shouldn't have continuity when the brake pedal isn't pressed, and should have continuity when it is, being that you may have a short to ground after the switch, you'll need to remove the wires on it to test it correctly as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the problem, LED tail/brake light bulbs. My only guess is there is some sort of short between the tail and brake functions. They have been installed for 3 years.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I found the problem, LED tail/brake light bulbs. My only guess is there is some sort of short between the tail and brake functions. They have been installed for 3 years.
The brake lights were only on with the headlights or what? That would have been a huge clue BTW. :big-grin

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bulbs are from superbrightleds.com, I returned them under warranty and they will not honor the warranty.....just sayin

·
Registered
394 Posts
Might be classified under "All other lights". 2 year minimum warranty. May have had different warranty 3 years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts