Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Brake light craziness - Turbo R4?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  * GB * 
#1 ·
Help?? So I'm wiring in 5150-187 whips as well as installing a switch pro panel. The only place I touched (what I thougt) was the brake light wiring was attaching the brake (white) wire on the whips to the power wire coming off the brakes. As it turns out, I initially hooked it to the tail light hot wire (on the small light on top of brake lights). I disconnected it once I realized what I did but it really shouldn't matter...both would put off the same amount of current correct?

So what's happening is my brake lights remain on AND It will start without hitting the brake? I can disconnect the electrical plug on the master cylinder and it seems to reset itself and it works correctly for a very short period of time, but inevitably sooner or later when you hit the brakes, they stay on.

Any thoughts on what is going on here? Also seems as if it may have torched the bluetooth module on the whips as my phone isn't picking up any signal from it.

I love wiring. :)

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Man…I’m getting senile. Forgot I posted this and posted it again, geeez. So the war here rages on. I didnt use the whips wiring harness per the folks at Switch Pros and 5150. Wired the hot wired directly to the switch pros #1 switch and set up a ground bus bar for all accessory grounds wired directly to battery neg. There shouldn’t be any cross pollination with the brake system wiring other than that white wire on the 5150 bluetooth harness that is supposed to piggyback off of a brake trigger wire.

I did disconnect that for a bit and the issue still persisted.

On another note, when the brake lights go wanky I can also start the car without the brake pedal pressed. In addition, when I unplug the harness on the master cylinder and plug it back in - the issue fixes itself for a short time. It all works perfectly, whips light red on brake press, car wont start without brake pedal pressed and brake lights are normal. Then it randomly reverts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.