Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bought the boss audio tube for their rzr. Was thinking of investing in one and nearly purchased it last night but was wondering what others thought about them. Can you hear it while riding? I like all types of music so cant narrow it down to hows this sound so just overall sound quality. Really i just dont want to invest in a super high stereo system to put on this thing I'm ride to hard to put $1000 stereo on it only to tear it up. Thanks for the help.

·
Officially Addicted
694 Posts
The best setup I have seen and heard is the boss wakeboard tower 6x9 setup bolted to the Polaris roll bar extension.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I forgot the brand but I have an audio tube with 6.5 inch speakers and a 250 watt amp. The thing works great and cost was excellent. Unfortunately for me I never use it. We do the rock crawling thing and are usually on our CB's trying to hear each other so mine is never used.
It works great by the campfire! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had one of the rack of my bruteforce, was awesome, 50mph with a half helmet on and you could still hear it. Found it was always a pain though for when I went to put it in my rzr. No really good place for me. I think I paid 130 for mine from and ebay store. For the money the sound was great. I have taken the speakers out and made a wooden box for the bed of the rzr now. Its not pretty but I can also store some junk in it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got one, used it at Hawkpride mountain in rough terrain. It needs a mount!! If anyone has ideas let me know. I want to take it apart and put a mount through from the inside so it wont move around and I have a rigid mount to the roll bar. You guys know the easiest way to get it apart. Is it glued??

·
Registered
2 Posts
the elbows are glued into the rubber sleeves, but they pull apart pretty easy. You will have to put the mount you are talking about in the elbows because the amp is glued into the straight tube pretty close to the bottom. They arent too hard to get apart. I had mine apart to try and change the amp

·
Mr. Impulse
2,065 Posts
Here is what I did...Ear piercing volume. for a quick fix. nothin fancy. Way louder than my buddies premade over head system..

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Here is what I did...Ear piercing volume. for a quick fix. nothin fancy. Way louder than my buddies premade over head system..

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
what r u using for an amp?

·
Mr. Impulse
2,065 Posts
[/IMG]Polk Audio PA D4000.4 4-Channel Class D PA Series Car Audio Amplifier 800W RMS PAD4000

Its crazy crisp and loud. I have the alba pipe on my xp, and I can turn radio up enough that when you rev it sitting still, you honesty dont know its running unless you watch tach, but cant stand it that loud for any length of time..

Mounted it over head with another set of speakers in front. Not proud of my instalation, just quick and dirty for temporary, but sound is all there.

·
Mr. Impulse
2,065 Posts
What clamos are you using on the rollbar??Nice work by the way
First let me say sorry to the OP, I didnt mean to hijack RZRnates thread. Was really just offering another choice too so my bad, I should have started my own thread. My clamps are actually left over windshield clamps. a 9.99 whip mount woks good too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts