Registered
1,265 Posts
How do you like the BMP slip on?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far I love it!.... it can be quite loud uncapped...but with one pipe plugged it goes to a much quieter but beefy note. I plan to do some performance testing soon to gauge the gains...but so far its just a blast opening it up on the trails...completely changes the feel of the RZR!!...and the fit is perfect...goes on easier than the stock one comes off..haha!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Added a set of UNI foam filters and modded my factory air box for more flow...

between this mod and the exhaust the motor seems to be making more power.....evident in this speed run as it bangs the limiter 2-3 times on its way to 70+mph!...might have to add a PC5 or a reflash to get the limiter pushed up a couple hundred rpm...80mph here we come!! haha!...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Clutch it if you have not already. Watch out with the UNI's I had the single drop in style and after 15 minutes of riding in the field by my house it was already sucking in dirt through the filter. I cut it up and made a seal out of it. I have the BMP slip on with the outlets on either side of the muffler and love it. I highly recommend the BMP mufflers, no packing and they sound great and are tune-able to suit where you ride and what your doing.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Clutch it if you have not already. Watch out with the UNI's I had the single drop in style and after 15 minutes of riding in the field by my house it was already sucking in dirt through the filter. I cut it up and made a seal out of it. I have the BMP slip on with the outlets on either side of the muffler and love it. I highly recommend the BMP mufflers, no packing and they sound great and are tune-able to suit where you ride and what your doing.
...No clutch work as of yet...I really like the way the stock clutch accelerates...I just dont want it touching the limiter...then again i think this motor is about done making power around 8300rpm...so clutching may bring it back down to that point....maybe just a set of adjustable weights??...:question:

.....as for the UNI's...I think there is an issue with the replacement panel filters(they seem to get bad reviews, poor filtering) ....but these dual stage pod style units seem to be the best for dirt/dust when oiled properly. I noticed Alba also recommends running the UNI's over cotton filters in high dust....just an observation....time will tell!

.....in all I think these 2 changes have really woken up this machine...I will lock up a drag race this weekend with my buddies stock XP to see how much of a difference there is...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Drag race with my buddy's Stock XP....from a dead stop...perfect even launch.(we tried a few times and this one was DEAD even) Stock loses by about 2 lengths...I reached about 70mph on this run before shutting down...neighbors were aware of us running and were even watching...haha!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I added a PC5 to move the limiter up from 8550 to 8750....much better now without hitting the limiter...maxes out right at 8600-8650 and comes down to 8500 after it peaks...top speed is at 80mph now with 2 people..AND I discovered how lean it was running with these mods in the midrange at cruise & part throttle. I fattened it up till she ran smooth as glass(10-15%)....also bumped the timing up a few degrees to take advantage of our 93 octane fuel...next up I will get it on my dyno and compare to my friends completely stock XP. If anyone in the south florida area is interested in joining the fun...let me know!!

-Jack

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
She's looking good Jack

·
The Dark Knight
1,379 Posts
Looking good!!!! Look forward to the dyno results!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 75 Posts