Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

BobT's or lifetime maps

12K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  BobT 
#1 ·
Which is better for windrock, royal blue, etc.? Was looking at the preloaded lifetime tablets...have only been to windrock with a group that knew the trails but riding with them is hit or miss...would like to be able to just go and know were I'm headed before leaving or be capable of leading a small group myself.

Thanks,
Brian

#3 ·
Would like to ride Utah and Colorado at some point...but the near term would be mostly tn where I would need the map system...one group I ride with occasionally was at royal blue last week and they meandered around the first day, then get in with another group that knew the area the 2nd day and covered ground...I don't want to have to luck up on falling in with a group if I don't have to.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I used his maps in Utah last year on the Arapeen trail. Awesome thing to have out there where you might be driving 10-14 miles between intersections!! Also used his maps at Rockhouse, Devil's Anse, and Buffalo, but honestly I've been to those trails so many times I barely need a map. But having the outlaw or unmarked trails on the GPS is great. Thanks Bob!!

#8 ·
I am also a TN rider and have recently been looking for other option besides the Ride Command built in I have on my 18. I have downloaded and started using Back Country Navigator (free demo for 21 days). I do not see a clearinghouse for GPX files anywhere. Is this something I can only pay for a subscribe to? I am riding Turkey Bay OHV in 3 days and would like to try out BCN on that one day ride. I have been here before, know they have a good paper trail map, and also know it is a smallish location, and won't likely need GPS.....All of this is exactly why I want to try out BCN there, at that location.

I am replying here, because this is the newest post I can find by BOBT, and he seems to be the "goto guy" on mapping software, and questions of this type.

so, does anyone know if Lifetime maps has a Turkey Bay OHV (Just across state line in KY) trail map or how can I get my hands on one to try for Saturday....I am not opposed to buying it, even if it is just one trail map to try for one day on my demo BCN......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.