Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of adding an optima battery. The stock battery has been moved into the storage compartment and they are linked together via a PAC200 isolator. I had planned to just run some power cable from the optima to a Blue Sea fuse block that I have mounted under the dash and then power my accesories from there. But after reading the Blue Sea fuse block box, it states that "Suitable main circuit protection of not more than 125A rating should be provided ahead of this device with and interrupt rating consistant with the battery capacity". So does this mean I need to put a circuit breaker or high amp fuse between the optima and fuse block? What are you guys using to do this? or are you guys even doing this at all?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
looks good, and I would go look in some of the catalogs at napa or some place like that. You just need a maxi fuse holder or something like that

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I thought about using a fuse holder like the ones that come in amp wiring kits.. what size fuse should be used. As far as accesories go, I'm only wiring for 6 Kragen Hid's, whip, and a ham radio..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well finally wrapped up this install. Here a few pics of everything..

Sorry for all the dirt Bilinvic, I have no idea how you keep your RZR so clean hahah :)

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fuse block is from amazon.com. Relay panel is just a sheet of aluminum I had laying around.

·
Registered
79 Posts
looks great, that fuse block is the same that I installed in my boat, a great idea would be to hit lowes or home depot and put that thing in a grey electrical enclosure with a lid, four screws and a foam oring to keep it dry.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may have to look into that.. I've been trying to think of a way to keep it all weather resistant... thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Nice job looks great!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think I might have a pic of mine some where, should only cost you about 7 bucks and some time, but if you hit water ever, it would be great piece of mind

·
Registered
273 Posts
But after reading the Blue Sea fuse block box, it states that "Suitable main circuit protection of not more than 125A rating should be provided ahead of this device with and interrupt rating consistant with the battery capacity". So does this mean I need to put a circuit breaker or high amp fuse between the optima and fuse block?
Thanks!
I have not got around to using a marine fuse block although that was my intent. A easy and clean way of fusing the power to any fuse block is to "backfeed" it. Fuses aren't directional so if you connect the feed from the battery to what would normally be a output fuse and put a fuse in equal to the total of the remaining fuses that becomes your main. Make sure you label it and use a wire of suitable size.

125A is far more than you will ever need on your RZR. I used 10 gage and fused my second block at 25. Ran out of posts (also 6 actually 5 because of the main) before I pulled more than that.

Eli

1 - 14 of 14 Posts