Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like posting builds for all my vehicles, so I figured I'd start one for the RZR. I've got some big plans, budgeting somewhat went out the window on this one. 1st step is stance and electronics and then I'll move into some performance stuff. Goal would be 200Hp range so nothing too crazy.

I'm not a SXS expert so feel free to correct me if I'm doing something totally wrong. Side note I'm also a Max H @Max H

My bald headed dad has his vintage sports car thing blocking 1/2 my driveway so working on the RZR is tight so most the pics will be from one side :|

The day I got her.

SDR Color matched cage, Simpson Harness's prewired with XTC Switches and 48" Sick Sticks.

I posted the stock wheels and tires on CL and sold them in less than 24hrs, so it sat on blocks for a while till I figured out what I wanted to do. This is probably not advised, single jack holding the front up and angled jack stands in the rear.

Plan was to run some Method wheels with a 5+2 offset and use my takeoff 32" fuels from the 18' XP 1000 I just sold.
These were a little too wide. Fuel Gripper 32's 15x7 Polished Method 401's.

Decided not to tear them apart. They are currently for sale. I went with some new Method 405's 15x7 5+2 offset with 33" Coyote's. The tires are huge and look balanced. Turba has no problem leaving skid marks.

Currently I'm reversed sponsored by Baja Designs. I installed the 30" Baja Designs Onx6+ "The Retina Burner" off the 18' I sold . This bar will light some $hit up.

18' XP 1000 I sold :sad only 250 miles on her.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure why RZRForums is making my pictures small? I'm hosting with Imgur?

Now with 31 miles on her, it's time to tear her down and get all the accessories installed.

This is a little over whelming.

So I started the tear down.

This is alot of work on a 4 seater.

And yes, I was not about to pull the cage to get the dash off. And yes I cut the dash in half :devil and yes it was still hard to get out.

I posted this in the dash thread as well.

Made a 2" aluminum strip, marked it, moved it over and used it as a guide and then cut it with a razor knife. I'll paint the strip with some Duplicolor spray in bed liner. It matches the plastic almost exactly.

If I don't like the strip, I made a template if I decide to cut the whole center out and use an aluminum plate.

I use 1" strips of paper and just lay them on to make the shape and then remove and trim, then transfer it to the material. I did way too many of these on my Rock Buggy.

This thing had like 100 paper templetes :surprise

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I've been trying to just get some of the smaller things done to speed up the process. I really like XTC so I decided to also install their street legal kits. Super nice quality. I also started to run the Razorback belt temp gauge wires and install the sensor.

Looks like a lot of wires but it is all plug and play.

I decided to put the turn signals in the front, not sure if it was a good idea :| but you probably want to measure twice before taking a step bit to you fascia.

I put the Razorback sensor at the 5 o'clock position on the secondary. I should of checked the primary bushing at the same time but forgot :|

I wired the Razorback wire and rear turn signal harness together, looks pretty factory.

Now I'm working on the SSV Kicker Stage 5. It looks like a pretty nice kit, hopefully it integrates well with ride command. If not I'll just cry in the corner.

It's not really worth me going over install as Kombustion Motorsports has a really nice video on the install.

·
Can't 'Member.
513 Posts
Nice build, I have too many projects around here to be able to put all the $ into the Rzr at once, so it has to wait until the others get their dose, LOL. Went down to a semi-local Fab guy yesterday to talk about a cage and windshield, have my heated/lumbar PRP seats in and metal doors on.
Started some wiring and prep work for 12v stuff in the future. Only switch that works now is the whip lights.
Once the cage and windshield are done she will have to wait a bit again. When it is worth of a thread maybe I will do one. Really looking forward to see how your dash mod comes out as that is gonna be a hurdle for me too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I thought I made some progress, but I think I just made a bigger mess.

Amps and Sub are in.

I'm deciding how I want to wire the accessories. I picked up some Blue Sea stuff so I have some options.

I'm going to switch out the XTC Fuse Block. It's pretty cheap, and the terminal is already stripped.
The Blue Sea one weighs about 3x what the XTC one weighs.

Picked up a Spring Brake Thingy

And one item that was very difficult to remove was the center cubby. The screw is on top and is almost impossible to get to, I had to remove the upper bolt, and I don't think I would be able to reinstall it.
So I removed the clip and added a Nutsert to the bracket. Now it is a simple 1/4" bolt the goes in from the bottom.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buddies are planning a Pismo trip this weekend, and I'm pretty sure I ain't going to make it :crying

I picked up some good Black Friday deals with Sand Craft and Factory UTV, just waiting now for Rugged Radios Black Friday Sale :devil

Table is getting a little smaller. A long way still to go.

I found a place for the XTC Switch Controller. I drilled two holes and tapped them to 1/4-20.

Slowly cleaning up the tunnel wiring. I still have a few more wires to run.

Front speakers in and hooked up.

Rear speakers mounted, but still need to run and secure wires.

Still a lot to do :|

·
Can't 'Member.
513 Posts
Looks nice. It is amazing how much stuff we can cram into these things, and how long it takes to do the work if you want to do it right. Clearly you do. I have built several hot rods. sand rails, etc, starting back before the aftermarket exploded. Built lots of wiring harnesses together from scratch.
The options we have today to lay out our 12v systems...in boats, hot rods, off road stuff have really changed the game.

We were thinking over going out to Sand Mountain, but I am not interested in highs in the 27-31 degree range, and fighting the holiday traffic. The morons on the road during the first major winter storm, added to the mix of Thanksgiving traffic and the amateur
hour drivers...think we will stay home.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks nice. It is amazing how much stuff we can cram into these things, and how long it takes to do the work if you want to do it right. Clearly you do. I have built several hot rods. sand rails, etc, starting back before the aftermarket exploded. Built lots of wiring harnesses together from scratch.
The options we have today to lay out our 12v systems...in boats, hot rods, off road stuff have really changed the game.
Yeah, it keeps getting more and more packed lol.

I took 6 days off work, and I didn't even touch the RZR more than a few hours 🤬

I did however get XTC turn signal kit about 95% installed. I mounted it where the instructions said to, but I had to use 1 1/2" spacers as the amp rack got in the way. I drilled and tapped the tubing to 1/4x20. All hooked up and wires tucked away.

There are so many wires under the dash I don't think I'll be able to clean it up much better.

I love Black Friday for the deals, but man, you end up spending some money.

I got 15% off Sand Crafts steering rack brace. This thing is beautiful! More to come when I install it.

Picked up some 3/8" Factory UTV Skid Plates. Really nice, and about $220 less OTD than normal.

I also ordered a ton of Rugged Radio stuff, they were having a 30% off sale!

I'm going to give this stuff a try as well, saw it on YouTube so it must be good 😂

·
Can't 'Member.
513 Posts
The SC1 will make you smile, and it even smells good, but, in my experience anyway, it draws dust like crazy. Especially if you lay it on thick. I am gonna try lemon pledge again.

Question on the wheels on your old XP1k. I am assuming they are the Method 401s, they offer a raw/machined finish. Did you send those out for polish? They look nice! I am about burnt out on the black wheel look, it still looks nice to me but if ya wanna be different I think the pendulum has swung back...I think polished beadlocks look dang nice.

Your car is coming along nicely. My cage is being built next week. Will be a relief to get the stock one off. I don't drive like a madman anymore but I do NOT like the stock cage on this car. Bolt together joint right over my dang head? No thanks...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The SC1 will make you smile, and it even smells good, but, in my experience anyway, it draws dust like crazy. Especially if you lay it on thick. I am gonna try lemon pledge again.

Question on the wheels on your old XP1k. I am assuming they are the Method 401s, they offer a raw/machined finish. Did you send those out for polish? They look nice! I am about burnt out on the black wheel look, it still looks nice to me but if ya wanna be different I think the pendulum has swung back...I think polished beadlocks look dang nice.

Your car is coming along nicely. My cage is being built next week. Will be a relief to get the stock one off. I don't drive like a madman anymore but I do NOT like the stock cage on this car. Bolt together joint right over my dang head? No thanks...
The last trip I went on the rig was so covered in dust I was shocked. If the SC1 stuff makes it look good in the garage or on the trailer I’ll be happy lol 😂 thanks for the heads up it.

The wheels were just the polished 401’s. I need to throw them back up on Craigslist now that I think of it.

They are really nice wheels, and do give a nice contrast to 95% of the other rigs running all black.

·
Can't 'Member.
513 Posts
I didn't see where they sold them polished, interesting. Did see that they don't list any machined 15x7's in 6-1 or even 5-2. I will be setting these up with some kind of all purpose tire, want to be able to run it in the toy hauler with them. Thanks for the info. But if you want to shoot me a pm when you come up with a price and I will look into shipping to see if it makes any kind of sense. I am in north eastern California.

I guess what I found strange about the dust from the SC1 was that it is clingy, and doesn't just rinse off...ya gotta hit it with a scrub brush or a wash mit, etc. I will still use it but not on any of the black plastic, at least not if we are going to be anywhere other than the dunes.
Going to head out to the shop and start pulling wires from the stock cage. I should have listened to my son when he said to wait on doing any 12v stuff til new cage is ready LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts