Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on another forum, thought I'd bring it over here for all to see.

Open area goes to wash 40 now instead of closed at wash 25.

If I'm not mistaken, this would open back up the old real WALL...
Lots more dunes now in the green.

Hope this goes thru....

Attachments

·
Family, it's about time
1,503 Posts
I agree it is better than it could have been. My only issue with it is the additional closure added up around the gordons well area behind test hill. Given it is only a valley right there but it will force you to have to navigate around it to get to the next set of dunes. The Glamis side definitely saw the biggest improvement. We will take what we can get.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Saw this on another forum, thought I'd bring it over here for all to see.

Open area goes to wash 40 now instead of closed at wash 25.

If I'm not mistaken, this would open back up the old real WALL...
Lots more dunes now in the green.

Hope this goes thru....
Is this up on the ASA Website? This looks WAY better. We normally camp in the washes out by 23 - 25...

·
Registered
642 Posts
When will the closed area be reopened does anybody know.
No one knows for sure. At the SSSS, the BLM indicated that the time line would put the EARLIEST chance for implementing the proposed RAMP would be around April 2013. So, basically, it will NOT happen for this dune season.

Please, do not go out riding in the temporary closures with the mistaken idea that they are now "open" because of the RAMP. It will be an expensive lesson!!

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
When will the closed area be reopened does anybody know.
No one knows for sure. At the SSSS, the BLM indicated that the time line would put the EARLIEST chance for implementing the proposed RAMP would be around April 2013. So, basically, it will NOT happen for this dune season.

Please, do not go out riding in the temporary closures with the mistaken idea that they are now "open" because of the RAMP. It will be an expensive lesson!!
Nice to see we are headin in the right direction

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
About time, now we can again ride the dunes all the way to Gordons.
Nothing has changed yet.

Just so nobody gets confused,until(if) the Ramp goes thru,
Glamis as of now is the same as is has been for years.
Hopefully by next spring ramp 8 will be in effect.

Do not ride any closed areas now. That would be ammo for the tree huggers, a big fine,maybe your ride impounded, maybe lose you Glamis season pass or worse yet, be banned at Glamis.

jmo

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The Protest period for the RAMP ends on the 14 of Oct------(protesting alternative 8) then the BLM will come out with a ROD (record of decision)-- hopefully it sticks with Alt 8 and the new area will open up by the end of April of 2013. At least until the next law suit from the tree huggers.....

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Sweet hopefully it goes through. I am just happy more of Glamis is not being closed. Adding more is def. a plus though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts