Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone is running or know of someone running black mamba's? I understand they are heavier than every other aggressive mud tire, I just want to know how they are holding up? Is the ride comparable to silver backs and outlaws 2?

Asking because I would like to have some lugs on my side wall but if the tire just isn't holding up I'm going to go with the terminators.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Im not running mambas but i just replaced my 30 inch backs with a set of 29.5 outlaw 2's and the outlaw 2's ride a lot better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was running 31.5 outlaws and liked them, now running the 32.5 black mamba.. These things are serious. Very heavy, but do out perform, ride smoother and turn easier than my outlaws. If you have a heavy foot I don't recommend these tires unless you like changing axels.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have a buddy running 30" Mambas on an S model. Surprisingly he hasnt broken many axles but he is not running stocks. He hasnt even gone through as many bearings as I have with my Outlaw Radials. He has quite a few miles on them and they still look new.

Performance wise they seem to do pretty good. There are 3 similar equipped RZRs in my group (One has 29.5 Outlaws and one has 29.5 OL2s) and they all go where the others go. The Mambas do seem to slide sideways and fall into holes a lot more often than the others though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I run 30" mamba's with a 5" super atv lift kit on my 2011 rzrs and i have had no problems with the tires, the axles, or the clutch. I can go anywhere i want with out worrying about getting stuck. They are the best tires i have ever run on my wheeler.

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ran the 30" Mambas on an S and XP. Tires are heavy but they bite hard. Amazingly they roll fairly smooth for how aggressive they are and wear great. Only felt them a tad when turning when going real slow. They take a couple of weeks to break in as they are stiff from the get go. I found that 2psi works real well and many guys run them on Beadlocks with no air at all. Thats how the guys from Triple S run them.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just ran across this. Lookes like they are making a Mamba Light which are about 20lbs less than the regular Mambas.

Mamba Lite | Interco Tire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts