Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With Fall on the way, my sights are set on some grouse hunting in Maine. I plan to remove the passenger seat and make a platform that snaps into the existing mounting system for my GSP. She can ride next to me and we'll be able to cover ground like never before. This is going to be good.....

My question is where can I keep my gun so I can get to it relatively quickly AND it won't get damaged. My Browning Citori will not like getting bounced around in an RZR in the dirt. I need it to be safe, out of the way, yet accessible and not in the passenger seat. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You could buy a gun boot mount for the bed. I bought the Polaris LnR mount and used a couple of Kolpin boots that I already had.

Hop out and pop the cover off the boot and pull the ol Browning out. I use the RZR when we shoot sporting clays to haul our shells and shooting bags. Keep my gun in the boot when moving from one station to the next. There are usually 3-6 of us when we go.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just mount a touret on the dash. Those birds won't stand a chance.:rofl3:
Gotta kind of get out of the rig to "hunt"... LOL.

I think back to the countless miles I've hiked in some nasty weather (blazing sun and rain) without seeing a single thing. I'm really likin' this RZR and dog idea.

I'm gunna need to have it in case. Think this is going to take some reseach. Not liking what I'm seeing from Koplin or Cabella's.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could buy a gun boot mount for the bed.....
Going to have stuff in the bed, so won't be a good long-term mounting spot.

Sporting clays from an RZR sounds like a blast. Do you shoot from the seat, or actually get out :)

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Here is what I did. I do not have it on my RZR right now, but I took a pic of it for you and where it mounts. They sell these ATV gun rack sets for about 40 bux, then buy a stauff clamp from any hydraulic supply store and attach the gun rack to it, then the clamp to your rear cross bar. The butt of your shotgun will rest right between the seats and the butt pad should fit right into one of the little triangular shaped holes in the metal brace there. It works great and keeps your weapon secure & safe from dings & scratches.......

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is what I did. ..... It works great and keeps your weapon secure & safe from dings & scratches.......
That's a nice inexpensive idea. I might PM you for the connection details. Certainly looks easy to reach when it's go time.

Funny to think of that turbo beast out hunting.... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts