Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here goes the second attempt at intstalling the bigger throttle body on my 2010 s...... the first time the rpms went through the roof and after reinstalling the stock TB the tps went outta wack.. im thinking maybe it was outta wack with the bored Throttle body in the first place... any suggestions, do's, or dont's that help with the install...??

thanks

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Who,s make of Throttle Body and did you swap the tps from unit to unit?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I would like to know which throttle body you are installing as well! What size is it? And is there a new intake manifold as well?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the throttle body is made by vent racing... and yea theres a minfold as well... there both bored to 46 mm..
im also running triple exhaust and a k&n intake... but my efi module is pre programmed for dual exhaust.. im still trying to see if i can re-map it for the triple exhaust and intake.. i may have to buy a power commander or a juice box already pre programmed for the trips

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the tps is swapped from unit to unit.. i know if u send in your old TB to get swapped for the bored unit they adjust your tps for you.. but this unit from vent racing just comes with the butterfly, and the throttle body housing.. all other components are swapped from the original..

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
here goes the second attempt at intstalling the bigger throttle body on my 2010 s...... the first time the rpms went through the roof and after reinstalling the stock TB the tps went outta wack.. im thinking maybe it was outta wack with the bored Throttle body in the first place... any suggestions, do's, or dont's that help with the install...??

thanks
2 threads for you to review and learn from --

http://www.rzrforums.net/general-rzr-discussion/32051-rpm-speed-idle.html

I don't know who he is but looks like he did a damn fine job of illustrating .. ..

http://www.rzrforums.net/engine-drivetrain/31164-air-bleed-screw.html

In short - You're SOL unless you learn how to adjust your idle and TPS.

It amazes me why people go down this same road day after day just to spend their hard earned money on an engine that makes more noise and gain little or even no HP.

I posted a few months ago how to unlock the Polaris engine for more HP and it costs just a couple of hundred bucks to do so -- And NO ONE ELSE MAKES REFERRENCES TO MY POSTING.

Be glad I made this post and referrenced the above 2 links for you - Seems no one else is going to.

:ride:

·
Registered
918 Posts
I posted a few months ago how to unlock the Polaris engine for more HP and it costs just a couple of hundred bucks to do so

Yes please post a link...........guess I missed that one.

·
Registered
617 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Waiting with baited breathe...:popcorn:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice thread... 23 dollar efi... but it doesnt look adjustable.. plus i have an intake and a exhaust... this one might not be idle.. i have a dmc adjustable efi but no o2 sensor... im dropping off the rzr at a shop to install the throttle body and calibrate the tps.. also dyno tune the motor and map the efi... ill post pics when it happens next week...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts