Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy an RZR soon and was thinking of adding Silver Crushers with Bighorn tires to my RZR. I have read that the RZR tires are bad, does this include the Bighorns or just the stock ones. Would I be better off buying the Bighorns with my RZR or Terra Crosses after market. Thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
The stock tires are only a 2 ply bias tire>very soft and prone to punctures, I have just bought Bighorns for my 09 stealth rzr, they are a 6 ply tire and are an amazing tire in almost every condition-the best thing to do is get rid of the stock ones, it will be the best move you ever did! Bighorns rule!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have to agree with Aussie the bighorns are awesome tires. My bighorns take me so many more places that my stock tires would not touch. My tires have been my best mod so far.

·
Registered
681 Posts
i have Terra Cross and really like them. they are a little stiffer (ride a bit rought) than i like, but i've never been stuck, and haven't found anything i can't climb. ok, there's a few i didn't try :eek:). no mudding, mostly high desert, forest trails and washes. i've never run bighorns, so i couldn't tell you abouot them.

oh, and i got a sidewall pinch/puncture right next to the rim last year & the plugs have held. i'll buy them again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Big horns will def. last longer. They are a little heavier but the tread compound is stiffer and I think they clean better, but the terra x's may perform a little better in the mud.

I've been kicking around the idea of trying the GBC Grim Reapers. They are 8 ply and weigh 26lbs each (25x10x12) with 28/32nds tread depth.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've had both. They are both much better than stock. It depends on your terrain.
I live in Ohio where the terrain is mostly soft ,sticky wet clay. The Bighorns clean out way better than the Terracross'. Plus, they throw better clumps at you're buddies. Lol
However, Terracross are better in rocky sand or rock crawling where clogging is not an issue.
I will add I thought my Terracross worn down awfully quick.

·
Registered
127 Posts
the terracross tires are extremely ugly and really ugly. i love the bighorn looks they clean well and are nice on the road. did i mention the terra cross tires are really ugly? my buddys dad has the terra cross tires. they only come in a 26 hight which isnt tall enough for me. but he doesnt do near as good on his sportsman 800 with those as i did with my tires on my rzr they were 27's tho. i decided to get the greenball dirt tamer. almost exact replica of the big horn and i liked them way better. theyre half the price. ride better on the road. clean out like u wouldnt believe and are extremely light. never got a flat. they r $310.00 shipped for a set of 27x10 front and 27x12 rear. save the money buy green balls. u wont b disapointed. the only reason i got rid of them is because i moved on to bigger and better things. like 30 inchers. which dominator makes a very simital tire in a 28.5x10x14 and 30x10x14 which im going to try next. i havent heard anything good about terra crosses. hope i helped.

·
Banned
1,378 Posts
Terra cross are ugly? Hmmm, you must be blinded by the mud flung from who ever was in front of you ;) I think the terra cross looks real nice and they perform awesome.

·
Registered
178 Posts
who looks at the damn tires , I just want to run up and down hills, throw mud at my buddies and drink been. WTH

·
Registered
127 Posts
what do u mean who looks at tires? the rzr has pretty much brung the BLING factor into the worl of atv's and UTV's. for crying out loud who cares about a billet shifter knob or flashy steering wheel but seems like that shits all over. so again i will say the terra cross tires dont come big enough and are extremely ugly in my opinion. and if yall think they perform awesome apparently u havent rode in ANYTHING compared to what i ride in every weekend. my buddies 800 gets pulled around basically those tires dont clean good enough to do anything where i ride. go big or go home buy a big horn or a look alike and be much happier. also i know no one really likes the mudlite anymore because all these other FLASHIER tires are out now but my XXL's thow amazing amounts of mud at my buddies and clean very well. they also weigh basically nothing for a big tire. idk its up to all of u but ill still stand my my vision and say, terra cross tires are hideous. look like something off a $400jap 4 wheeler or go-cart

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've got the 26" Terracross on ITP SS 212 4+2 Rims all the way around. I love the way they look, ride, and handle. I live in Michigan and do mostly trail riding, and I have no complaints here.

·
Registered
127 Posts
this will b my last post on this subject. im glad they ride well for u and perform well for ur terrain. thats great. im saying that they dont work for anything i ride in. i mainly ride 2 places and both places a 27" tire is nothing. if thats what ur running good luck. clearance is everything. and the bighorn is a much nicer tire from experiance in the terain i ride in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
if want a real tire just buy an outlaw... then you dont ever have to worry about being drug around or stuck. they clean well and throw HUGE chunks at your friends.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i run terra crosses on my standard rzr love the way the grip the dirt trails and rocks but sidewalls are easily punctured gotta be careful with them

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a set of terra crosses on my 800 rzr and cannot keep from slicing the sidewalls i love the way the grip in the terrain i ride in kentucky but i will try a tougher sidewall tire next tire buy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts