Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my stock tires. I would like to get more clearance without any mods. How big of a tire can I get without any mods to stock RZR 800 2012? Looking into Bighorns as I have them on my atv and they work great for the riding I do.

·
Premium Member
10,054 Posts
id say 26 bighorns no rubbing, with a little modification you can run the 27 bighorns..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well the right rear motor mount is pretty close to the stock tires as it is. The stockers are labeled as 25s but they measure less than 24". You really can't go much bigger without mods. Some 26" tires will fit but I've heard the horns will rub.

There are a few options though. If you are not restricted to 50" trails wheels spacers or offset wheels will get you away from the motor mount enough to run 26-28" tires depending on the tire, wheel, and actual height of the tire.

If you are restricted to 50" you can shave the motor mount or run 26x9" horns on all four corners. If you do run 9" tires in the back I would also recommend swapping the rear wheels for a pair of stock front wheels. If you want custom wheels sti makes a 7" wide wheel that'll keep you at 50".

·
Registered
125 Posts
Keep in mind that the stock springs will sag in time, not sure how many miles you have on your car now but mine were junk at the 500 mile mark. Also what will fit and not rub in the front also depends on wheter you keep your front sway bar on or off.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm looking at doing the same. I've just ordered 2" spacers and I'm going to put some 4+3 wheels on. I also have the front sway bar disconnected. Do you think ill be able to run 28x10x14's all the way around mine? Looking to run efx motomtc's? Mine is a 2013 with progressive springs and no sag so far :rolleyes:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/50/-/165/1444/-/42361/EFX-MotoMTC-ATV-Tire

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm looking at doing the same. I've just ordered 2" spacers and I'm going to put some 4+3 wheels on. I also have the front sway bar disconnected. Do you think ill be able to run 28x10x14's all the way around mine? Looking to run efx motomtc's? Mine is a 2013 with progressive springs and no sag so far :rolleyes:

EFX MotoMTC ATV Tire | Tires and Wheels | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

I am running 3+4 offset rims (3" toward the inside, 4" toward the outside) with 27" LT tires and they rub on turns. In fact, one just rubbed through even though we were being careful until we purchased offset A-arms.

I'd bet that with 4+3 (I believe that is stock offset on the front are 4+2) and 2" spacers that you will rub with 28's or possibly even 27's. You'll be about an inch farther out that I am currently.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did not want to use spacers on mine. 26" did not appeal to me, so I put front rims all the way around and put 27" big horns on. I have almost as much clearance as my friend has with a 2" lift kit and I rotate my tires every 500 miles front right goes to the back left.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm wanting to use a non directional equal size tire so I can rotate mine also. I hate not being able to rotate I also like having a tire that has the same traction in rev as it does going fwd.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I did not want to use spacers on mine. 26" did not appeal to me, so I put front rims all the way around and put 27" big horns on. I have almost as much clearance as my friend has with a 2" lift kit and I rotate my tires every 500 miles front right goes to the back left.
No rubbing at all?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don’t know if it will work but I was looking at the sti black diamond xtr’s 26x9 12’s in the front and 26x10x12’s in the rear with stock rims. It will be a bit wider but not much.

Fwood

·
Registered
4 Posts

DO NOT BUY THE MOTO MTC'S. These tires are extremely hard and absolutely do not provide any traction on hard pack such as rocks etc. If you don't believe me look at the lug design. Notice the solid triangular lugs? Do you like spinning all the time? I sold mine MTC’s and bought big horns! Don't waste money on MOTO MTC's. I now easily go places in 2 wheel drive that I always had to use 4 wheel drive in with the MTC’s!

·
Registered
462 Posts

DO NOT BUY THE MOTO MTC'S. These tires are extremely hard and absolutely do not provide any traction on hard pack such as rocks etc. If you don't believe me look at the lug design. Notice the solid triangular lugs? Do you like spinning all the time? I sold mine MTC’s and bought big horns! Don't waste money on MOTO MTC's. I now easily go places in 2 wheel drive that I always had to use 4 wheel drive in with the MTC’s!
I disagree I ran a set of moto mtc and i loved them and i run alot of rocks and mud they kinda sucked in sand because of how stiff the tire stayed while even aired down but other than that loved them my friend is on his second set on his rzr800 with 7500+ miles on it and he really loves the tires also

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep they will last forever, but other than that they are worthless. If you've never ran Big Horns against MOTO mtc's then you wouldn't understand. zero traction period.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yep they will last forever, but other than that they are worthless. If you've never ran Big Horns against MOTO mtc's then you wouldn't understand. zero traction period.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net mobile app
i am running bighorns right now and they are ok i just got back from three days in moab with the bighorns and they did alright but the motos were alot better just my opinion oh yeah never had the motos have a single flat with all the miles on them between me and my buddy

·
Registered
75 Posts
The best move I ever did for my RZR was to replace stock tires and rims with the HD1 rims with 27x14 RZR Reptiles and no modifications.:ride:

·
Registered
49 Posts
You RZR owners, who are running BigHorns, how many miles have you got out of a set and what kind of riding are you doing (mostly sand - mostly rocks - etc)?

·
Registered
49 Posts
No rubbing at all with 4 Ea. 27 X 9 X 12 tires and front rims on the back.
I am the one that said no rubbing and I run the top half of the tire, then sell them. I have gone through four sets in 11000 miles of driving. My first RZR was a 2011. I do not have a lift kit, and have heavy duty springs. This last set is rubbing when you turn right. The only change I have made is unhooking the front sway bar.

My question is: Have any of you had experience such as this and why all of a sudden would this be doing this?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just mounted up some 26 inch Bajacross' on 12x7 wheels. No rubbing at all. I do have walker evans cranked about an inch and a-half. Back tire is nowhere near rubbing on motor mount. While they're heavy they're an awesome tire, they hook up so much compared to the stock tire it's not even funny.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put 26" bighorn 2.0s on mine and hit the motor mount, that thing is tricky.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts