Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Mine handled 30s well, but when I went to heavy 32s I had to do some work to it. If running a light weight 32”. You might be ok stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
I seen it posted about ten times; 32 inch work well without rubbing or needing a clutch kit.
I just bought some GBC Terra Master 32" which weigh 39 lb each.
Mounting them on used 15x7 Turbo S wheels to keep the stock width.
Truck tires weigh 50 plus pounds and in my opinion would require a clutch kit.
Terra master.jpg

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Ran 4 different 32" combos on stock clutching for 1500 miles. No rubbing anything and it performed great for no clutch mods. I then did a clutch kit with helix and wow I wish I would have from the start with 32s. Didn't realize how much low and mid range punch I lost with 32s. If you are a low range rider (2-25mph) don't waste your money on a clutch kit. But if you like to stretch the legs and roll out do a clutch kit. It helps back shift and initial bite a ton.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
@DBRs1 can you clarify? You mentioned you'd lost punch low and mid with 32s and the clutch kit brought it back. Am I reading that right? If yes, help me understand why you suggest not going with a kit?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Kit not required if mainly riding in Low. It brings back the low and mid range if you are riding in High. I put an AA clutch kit in mine when I switched to 32s so I cannot compare what they are like with stock clutching.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
In low range your clutch is shifted out pretty far all the time. You need to clutch these things in order to get your clutch shifted out as fast as possible but when in low your clutch shifts out so fast you wouldn't notice a clutching issue much. Now in high the belt is much deeper in the clutches and needs help (less weight) to shift out faster to get the engine up to it's optimal power band. I will also add that in low the throttle mapping in the ecu is absolutely horrible and makes the engine feel lazy. In low you have to be 2/3 into the throttle to make it go. The biggest change you can make is a good tuner with a tune like a dynojet cx or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts