Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

What would you ride given these choices?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get a feel for what you guys think. I'm listing these 3 tires cause they are what I have narrowed my choices down to. I have ran BH's for years but the new Pitbulls are looking mighty tempting. Keep in mind that I'm very awear that some of you have had issues with the BH's sidewalls and punctures. I myself have never had an issue with them. This being the reason I'm finding it so hard to get away from them.

I will be going with a 26" size 26.5 if I go with the pitbullt. I feel that the 27.5 will scrub or rub a lil especially when jumping or hard bottoms. If not for that I would be getting the 27-27.5 size. I will be doing 9 fronts and 11 rears. and they will be 14" also.

Please post up any pics you have in action or Video's.

I am up for other suggestions but have pretty much made my mind up that these 3 are where its at for the type riding I do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
re: Big Horns, PitBull Rocker & Growler

Have had all three on my 900 the way I list them is #1 Growlers #2 Rockers #3 BH .

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well I have the BaJa Cross on it now they came stock, but I'm going to a 14" rim. I ordered a set of the PitBull Rockers today 26.5X9X14 front and 26.5X11X14 rear. The Rocker rears are on backorder till the end of the month, so I went on and ordered a set. Pitbull Growlers fronts are on backorder as well. I went with the Rocker because they were the closest to the Big Horns pattern, kinda skattered lugs and I like that. The Growlers looked like they were more directional and seemed to me like more of a mud tire pattern. I like the 8 ply rating on the PitBull's. My dealer had a set of Rockers 26.5X9X12 and 26.5X11X12 in stock as well as a set of 26X9x14 BH's and 26X11X14 BH's and I've put them on hold till the Rockers get here I may just go on and get them to be safe. However the 26.5 Rockers were taller than the 26" BH's by a full 1 1/4 " easy. The Rockers just look Bad AZZ to me I like the Non directional pattern.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
8,865 Posts

Well youll have to brouse around all the different sets though

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have had both Bh and growlers, I prefer the growlers they hook up in my riding conditions better, but they are soft When mine wear out I will replace them with another set of growlers I'm running 27.5s on a XP

·
Premium Member
539 Posts

I put a set of brand new rockers on before the T/P ride they performed flawlessly in some pretty rough and jagged rocks with no flats I was totally impressed with them in my opinion the durability of the rockers when it comes to flats and sidewall strength the BH don't compare.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had big horns, great tire. I now have growlers better traction, better handling and just as tough. The growlers seem to wear a little faster and they are a little heavier. I would buy the growlers every time.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

thanks guys.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did go on and pick up the 26" Big Horn's while they had them in stock. I also change my order on the 26.5 Rockers to 27.5 Growlers. They want me to do some testing for them on the growlers so I said I'm good with that. One of those deals where they basically give me the tires to test and ride and report back to them on what I think, They want to know if they would be a good seller and something they may want to stock. I still wont have them till Oct but its worth the wait. If I like them I can pick them up at dealer cost or just return them. I've done this in the past with them on several different tires and other items. Having the dealer be one of your best friends has its percks. So we'll see.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I went to the rockers for the 8ply becuase i kept punturing side walls on BH. Well less than 150 miles on them and now have three plugs in one hole on rear. A hole so big on front i had to have it vucanized. Rears are wearing extremely fast. These tires have huge lugs and would problaby grip unbelivable but i have to run 14+lbs of air to avoid side puntures.
even though they are 8 ply i believe it is a softer rubber than other tires. There are a great tire but not the cure all for side punturers . Plus they are 7-10 lb heavier per tire. Im now considering a 4 ply tire with tire balls to avoid flats

·
Registered
125 Posts
I went to the rockers for the 8ply becuase i kept punturing side walls on BH. Well less than 150 miles on them and now have three plugs in one hole on rear. A hole so big on front i had to have it vucanized. Rears are wearing extremely fast. These tires have huge lugs and would problaby grip unbelivable but i have to run 14+lbs of air to avoid side puntures.
even though they are 8 ply i believe it is a softer rubber than other tires. There are a great tire but not the cure all for side punturers . Plus they are 7-10 lb heavier per tire. Im now considering a 4 ply tire with tire balls to avoid flats
I was having the same problem with the bighorns, along with many other people in my hunting club. We were tearing sidewalls almost every ride, and we were running all different kinds of psi. I just got the pibull rockers and i also dropped back down to a 12" rim. I havent got to go and try them out yet. I hope i dont start tearing these sidewalls up also. Are you running 12" or 14" rims ?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'm going to give the Growlers a try when ever they get here. They are heavier but 8 ply should be good for the above average ride, I would hope. Sounds like you may be putting the tires to the ultimate test. To be tearing up 8 ply tires you have got to be in some really nasty areas. I mean even Superman was afraid of Criptoknite!!! I'm still a Big Horn guy and will be until something shows me its better. I'm giving the Growlers a shot to convert me. If they can't I still have my BH's to fall back on.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
When I was running Bighorns I would get at least 1 flat everytime out. Never in the the tread always in the sidewalls. Over 1000 miles on the Bajacross tires and no flats.

·
swamp donkey
347 Posts
I have the Baja cross on my xp. Haven't had any punctures in 550 miles. And I cut it no slack lol. I did however knock one off the bead with a big jagged rock. Still no punctures. I think the bh's or pit bulls will have better traction though.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I know nothing about the Pitbulls. The Bighorns are pretty much the same as the Bajacross for traction when there not flat. IMO the Bajacross are a lot better in the rocks though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts