Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for new rubber and like the bighorn and the pitbull rocker. I was looking for some input on witch one people like better?
I went on a ride with 2 2010 S's and 2 09 standards both S models are running bighorns one put a stick right through the side wall of the bighorn other just tore a hole in the side wall.
Everyone in my area is running bighorns and love them they seam to work good but we do run it to a fair amount of mud and streams to cross and the bighorns just dont clean off that well in the mud.
Does anyone know if the pitbull rocker cleans better and how does it ride on the trail?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I had the Growlers on my 08 my 09 S has the stock Bighorns.

If you want better traction, Growlers no question. They clean themselves great and are plain beasts. You can not powerslide with growlers!

Actually raced the 08 with the 09 S, the 08 would win because it would hookup immediately where the S would spin the tires (grass). The 09 S would catch the 08 after awhile, but tires made the difference when at a complete stop

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
my Rockers have crazy traction...as noted, they do NOT slide...but they grip excellent.

Did a run to the Cliffs in IL a few weeks back...my RZR pulled 5 fullsize rigs out...only one took multiple yanks...course, I realized I had spent most of the day in the mud holes in 2wd and a quick shift into 4wd pulled the rig out easily :)

I did lose an outer bead at 8psi, but I also hit a rut pretty hard at an angle...got the tire in the air, put a 12v compressor on it, and it seated right up :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
I just put on the PitBulls a couple weeks ago. The really hook up great with some of the best side walls. Much stronger than the bighorns and they clean themselves out great. They do weight more but that is because the are built better.

J

·
0 Posts
I switched from the big horns to the pit bull rockers and they are both good tires.

The pit bulls are a lot heavier and have a very tuff sidewall--I would say they are a tougher tire than the big horn. The Rockers do good on dry rocks, but on wet rocks, I dont think they do any better than the big horns.

My only real complaints about running the Pitt Bulls are that I use a lot more gas ( due to the added weight) and that they seem to be wearing much quicker than the big horns did.

Since the rockers seem to be wearing so fast on me, I think I will go back with the Big horns when the Rockers wear out.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I switched from the big horns to the pit bull rockers and they are both good tires.

The pit bulls are a lot heavier and have a very tuff sidewall--I would say they are a tougher tire than the big horn. The Rockers do good on dry rocks, but on wet rocks, I dont think they do any better than the big horns.

My only real complaints about running the Pitt Bulls are that I use a lot more gas ( due to the added weight) and that they seem to be wearing much quicker than the big horns did.

Since the rockers seem to be wearing so fast on me, I think I will go back with the Big horns when the Rockers wear out.
I agree 100%

The Pitbulls are a nice tire, but are heavier. The Bighorn is a good all around tire, but less durable.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Wow, weird the Pitbulls are wearing faster than the Bighorns for you. I still had the rubber pointy things you get on new tires between the lugs after 200+ trail miles (hard pack, paved road, rocks)

·
Ridin Dirty
265 Posts
Have a look at the ITP Bajacross tires. I just put a set on, and love them. They are an 8ply and are suppose to be 1lb lighter than the Pittbulls. They will power slide and the rock climb really well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just put a set of GBC Dirt Tamers on also very low price. They look like the BigHorns. They work good in dirt,rock & sand haven't been in the mud we haven't had any rain in the desert.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I am a fan of the BH's but did some reading on the GBC Dirt Tamers and they are a great option and can save you quite a bit over the BH's and the Pitbulls. Definitely worth a look into.

·
Administrator
50,252 Posts
I have the pit bulls ,just did a ride over a mountain top full of downed trees (from a old fire) 3 rzr's with BH got flats from riding over the trees ,my pit bulls kept on going ,i have them on 2 of my rzr-s's one set has over 1000 miles on them ,even though their heavy i ain't walking home from a destroyed sidewall . and their made in the USA .JMHO.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Have a look at the ITP Bajacross tires. I just put a set on, and love them. They are an 8ply and are suppose to be 1lb lighter than the Pittbulls. They will power slide and the rock climb really well.

The Bajacross are a great tire and tough, but their one down fall is that they lack traction in the mud. My buddy runs the Bajacross & I have the BigHorns. I'll make it through way more mud holes and creek crossings than he will. But other than that they're an awesome tire. I want to try the Pitbulls but it's way to expensive to get them shipped across the boarder and then to the Yukon. I've been really happy with my BigHorns, though I would also like to try the TerraCross. My buddy has them on his Quad and they perform really well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts