Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody done one of these.? i wanna make about 120-150 outta the 800 engine. i plan on changing to low comp pistons and a good crank. i want to put boost around 25-30 lbs. any ideas?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I did a 903 stroker motor with a big boor kit. Ported head with plus 3 valves. There are so many other things you will need to do but with 25 to 30 Lbs of boost you will be closer to 200 hp at the wheels if done right. Email me and I can give you my phone number. I am not a vendor and will not try to sell you anything just tell you what I know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My buddy swears by k&t so im wanting to do pretty much your identical setup. If you dont mind me asking, how much do you have in just everything to run the their big bore Stroker kit (basically staying n/a)

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
You will have about 5000 grand our more for 903cc bigbore stroker. There is a dyno sheet of my 903 turbo in the force induction section. 19lbs it made 150 hp not even trying. I run the car on q16 gas I plan on running 25 lbs this year just to disappoint a few turbo xp's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I trail ride a lot but just had my first trip to the dunes (sandfest @ waynoka) and deff need way more power. Is it still somewhat tame enough at lower speeds? I.e. trails, mud, rocks...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ohh and I want to show the big boys you dont have to spend 100k to do wheelies. Will thebig bore Stroker provide enough power?

·
Registered
305 Posts
you dont need 100k to do wheelies and IMO if your gonna spend 10k on a turbo kit, big bore, stroker crank, and ported head/cam i would engine swap. first choice would be z1 (what i have) second apex (considered only reason i didnt is i do want wheelies and stretching 10" hinders that and makes toy hauler loading a little more difficult)

·
Registered
73 Posts
The 100k comment was meant as a joke. Im just wanting enough power to stand the ol girl on her rear wheels. Im just trying to figure out the cheapest yet most reliable to do that without dropping serious money. How much do yu have in doing your swap (if you dont mind).

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'd have to sit and crunch numbers.. Not sure I really want to know lol, however I would say its in the neighborhood of 7-8k however I did sell my Rzr engine for almost 2k so around 6 or so, gonna depend on how much you can get the engine, harness and ecu for as well as it being complete with all sensors etc. thing is with the tz1, bone stock it makes 180hp, 4 pos flash up to 320hp all on a dial, want more than that? Built z1s are plentiful in the 450hp range and 500+ isn't far fetched just $$

·
Registered
73 Posts
Woooow.I have a low hour 2011 so im sure I could get a decent amount for it. did you find a wrecked sled or piece it all together? I have a lot of fun in this thing now so I dont want it to be down for 6 months doing a swap. I figured I could do a big bore kit then add the billet crank and, eventually a turbo. More money in the end but it would be over time. Plus those are mods all done on a weekend (if gf and kids leave me alone lol). How much HP can the drivetrain on these take?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanna do it with the po po mptor to see where its done. Everyone i talk todoes a swap. I understand its cheaper per hp but when your budget allows a lil here snd a lil there, sometimes its better to spend more in the long run. I dont plan on starting this till after the new year, but im looking forward to seeing what i can do with it

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thats where im at. I cant afford a $6000 bill. I can do 2 or 3 here and there. I noticed you already have a turbo. I was thinking of doing the big bore kit first so Im only buying I set of pistons.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine has stock pistons, but has a shim to drop compression. Im looking forward to building it. I bet its gonna be fun

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
do turbo with pistons first. it will change your rzr dramatically. my 4 with 4 adults still does very well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was kind of thinking of trying to piece together a motor like that. I figured turbo first with shim and then save for big bore w/ crank so you only really have to break the motor down once. I like the idea of motor swap too but would not be comfortable trying to tackle that unless there was a kit ready to go with detailed instructions lol. I thought I saw someone was pretty close to the Z1 as a direct installation kit pretty tempting.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Honestly I could do a z1 swap in a weekend now, and yeah I get the not affording a big bill up front. And as far as some of those mods you've described, not exactly super easy mods for the back yard mechanic ie splitting the case to do a crank, and if you have the motor that far apart for that you may as well do the rest at the same time meaning big bore, head cam etc all at the same time, meaning your gonna be a 6k dollar bill on parts alone. Don't get me wrong I know where your coming from, but after I had mine turbo, I wanted more and couldn't justify spending that kind of money to run just over 100hp on a tweaked out Rzr motor that in my opinion is a ticking time bomb. Apex and z1 have that power 100% stock and can be ran at that level for years and thousands of miles, and even flashing them up to 260 or turbo the apex your still well below the safe margin line compared to the tweaked Polaris motor.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sucks your in Utah. You have a very valid point about the reliability. Nothing is more em-bare-ass-ing than breaking down. Your swaying my decision more toward the swap. Im going to dig into seeing what a.wrecked sled would set me back. If I could get one, how much would I have in parts for the swap? Motor mounts, and such...

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
Your going to have just as much $ in a big bore turbo 800 as you would with a Z1 after selling you old parts. The Z1 is a way better engine and way more power. The 800 cranks are not too good. You have to pin and weld them so they dont twist then the rods are the next week link they dont get good oil and no bearings on the small ends. The stroker crank is way better but another $2400. Its just not worth it imo

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
73 Posts
What do you think a low hour 2011 is worth. just had my first oil change last Thursday!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts