Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trading a guy two of my tires (wides) for two of his skinneys, im in GA and he is in N Florida, what would be the best (cheapest) way to ship them? no wheel only tires, size 28.

Also isnt there a way to give them to UPS/Fedex and have the shipping co. confirm the other one is shipped, just to put everyone at ease that no one will be recieving an empty box.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Get a roll of 24 inch saran wrap and wrap them up together really tight. Then make a few rounds with some quality packing tape and those suckers won't budge. We ship tires like that all the time and they always arrive exactly how they left.

Random photo from the internet:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a roll of 24 inch saran wrap and wrap them up together really tight. Then make a few rounds with some quality packing tape and those suckers won't budge. We ship tires like that all the time and they always arrive exactly how they left.

Random photo from the internet:

how much does it run you and who do you do it through? what about shipping via freight?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres the deal, me and another guy are trading tires for our RZR's straight up (he has the size i need and I have the size he needs) he is in jacksonville FL and im above atlanta. we dont know eachother so naturally we are weary of shipping tires to someone and not having the other one do the same. also for me to drive there and back would be well over $100

·
Denver, CO - 303-400-0205
2,106 Posts
Cheapest ways to ship tires, in order:

Greyhound
Fastenal to Fastenal
Fedex
UPS
Freight.

I usually use fedex, but if you and the receiver both have fastenal accounts, it's just as easy, and about half price.

I never shrinkwrap the tires, just tape them together and stick a label on them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've seen people put one tire inside the other, doesn't fit well but may cut down on cost as they measure the circumference of the package. USPS.com is cheap check them out and you get delivery confirmation etc...

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Cheapest ways to ship tires, in order:

Greyhound
Fastenal to Fastenal
Fedex
UPS
Freight.

I usually use fedex, but if you and the receiver both have fastenal accounts, it's just as easy, and about half price...
x2

x2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts