Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,473 Posts
That will unseat any bead in seconds. If you don't have beadlock rims use a couple of pry bars to get the tire off the rim.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
I use the electric jack on my bumper pull toy hauler to get the bead off. Support it with the leveling jacks and slip the tire under the jack. Lower the jack. Works great.

Reactions: Rabaconda

·
Registered
580 Posts
We have the harbor freight tire thingy and we’ve had horrible performance and luck with it. It’s quicker and less headache to run 15 minutes into town each way and pay tire shop $20 to break em off.

We use 1/2” and 3/8” battery powered Milwaukee fuel impact guns rather than air.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I use harbor freights tire changer that I have mounted outside on a tree stump for non beadlock wheels. It has always worked like a champ

For beadlock wheels, nothing special is required for changing tires. If the inside bead is difficult, a simple floor jack and ratchet strap can be used to break the bead.

I don’t know about others, but yes I have an air compressor that will carry any kind of air tool or equipment. It’s one of the most useful things you can have in your home garage.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Used the jack out of my Toyota Tundra. Put tire under jack at bead on piece of hardwood, jack up Tundra, being sure to keep wood at correct spot. I have bead locks so once the one side is broken I am good to go. Not the best way to do it, but it is how I did it...

Steve

·
Super Moderator
5,473 Posts
For anyone that keeps an assortment of tires 🙄 or changes them often the Bead Buster is invaluable. Used with an impact wrench and you can have the tire off quickly. It's small and easily stored without taking up space. One of the best tools you'll own. 👍

·
Registered
995 Posts
There’s really nothing to changing tires if you know what your doing. Simple tire irons and a sledge will do.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts