Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I'm new here (Hi!) and bought my first ever SxS last month, a red Turbo S4. I'm in the process of getting it plated ( leaning on the Montana LLC approach) and curious what everyone thinks is the best street legal kit.

I like the Kombustion kit that is LED based and integrates into ride command. It looks like the cleanest setup. I'm not wanting to drill the 3 LED holes for the standard Ryco kit, but the Kombustion kit is a little pricey

https://kombustionmotorsports.com/collections/safety/products/wd-electronics-rzr-turbo-s-street-legal-kit?variant=19177507422275

Here's a video of it:

I've also seen a kit that utilizes the fang LED lights as the indicators that turn orange when signaling.

I'm a little hesitant as the language here seems to indicate the 2019 may or may not be compatible.
https://www.proutvparts.com/products/ryco-street-legal-kit-for-polaris-rzr-turbo-s-turbo-1000-2019?variant=21543159562345

A video of the fang LED Ryco kit.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Both those kits are cool, but personally I wish they would have an option of a dash rocker switch and loose the old skooool column indicator lever.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I use a kit from Corbin Custom works. It was all plug and play and very easy to install. It uses a rocker switch in the dash.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both those kits are cool, but personally I wish they would have an option of a dash rocker switch and loose the old skooool column indicator lever.
That would be nice but it would also take one or two switches that I'd like to possibly use for other accessories.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That would be nice but it would also take one or two switches that I'd like to possibly use for other accessories.
Yeah I hear ya, but a guy could get by with just one rocker switch for the turn signal and the horn could be some kind of pressure switch mounted in an inconspicuous location. I know it's not a big deal but I like things "clean" looking.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
There are plenty of places to put switches on the left side of the steering wheel. This is not my machine but I used the picture of the Brick City Fab shop car dash for reference. The kit from Ryco is pretty nice with the blinking fang lights. After reading the installation instructions it looks easy to install but not as easy as the Corbin Custom works kit I have in mine. Dang I love the blinking fang lights. I might have to talk to Corbin and see what he can come up with.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
I went with the WD Electronics street legal kit it is awesome.
So, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with this kit as well but I was looking for just a little more info......

How exactly do those front strip lights attach?? Are there clips, two way tape or something ? It would be nice to get some pics or more info on that if possible?

Looking at the rest of the kit, it looks pretty clean and I'm assuming super easy install ?

Did you get your's from WD Electronics or somewhere else???

·
Registered
53 Posts
So, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with this kit as well but I was looking for just a little more info......

How exactly do those front strip lights attach?? Are there clips, two way tape or something ? It would be nice to get some pics or more info on that if possible?

Looking at the rest of the kit, it looks pretty clean and I'm assuming super easy install ?

I’d also like to understand how the light strips attach as well as confirmation the integrated dash indicators will work on the 2019. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mr. & Mrs. PewPewPew
784 Posts

I’d also like to understand how the light strips attach as well as confirmation the integrated dash indicators will work on the 2019. Thanks!

The gentleman is very responsive to requests but my 2019 XPT dash indicators do not work so he sent me the blue LED turn signal indicators to install (very easy). The headlight LED’s they tuck in between the headlamp assembly and the body and mine have been through heck and have not moved one millimeter so it is a tight fit for sure. I still approve!

·
Registered
248 Posts

The gentleman is very responsive to requests but my 2019 XPT dash indicators do not work so he sent me the blue LED turn signal indicators to install (very easy). The headlight LED’s they tuck in between the headlamp assembly and the body and mine have been through heck and have not moved one millimeter so it is a tight fit for sure. I still approve!

So is there clips or something that hold them on ??

Is there a way to get some close up pics or even a video ?? I think there would be several guys that would like to have a little more info on this.

·
Mr. & Mrs. PewPewPew
784 Posts

Is there a way to get some close up pics or even a video ?? I think there would be several guys that would like to have a little more info on this.
I will get a picture and there are clips but they are screw in type of clips and I did not need them to get it to hold in place. I guess it is tough to explain but they wedge in between the headlamp assembly and the body as the LED piece is curved to fit the contour of the headlight section. It comes as a straight rubbery piece of LED strip. You bend it to whatever angle you want, just not 90 degrees though or it will break the LED strip I assume.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I will get a picture and there are clips but they are screw in type of clips and I did not need them to get it to hold in place. I guess it is tough to explain but they wedge in between the headlamp assembly and the body as the LED piece is curved to fit the contour of the headlight section. It comes as a straight rubbery piece of LED strip. You bend it to whatever angle you want, just not 90 degrees though or it will break the LED strip I assume.
Thanks, this is helpful. I'm seeing the WD kit with the LED on the top of some headlights and on the bottom of others. Guess I'll have to see which way it looks best. I'm also curious about the durability of the signal column and how that looks. The Ryco one looks a little flimsy but the horn button on the end is an interesting way to set up the horn.

·
Mr. & Mrs. PewPewPew
784 Posts

Thanks, this is helpful. I'm seeing the WD kit with the LED on the top of some headlights and on the bottom of others. Guess I'll have to see which way it looks best. I'm also curious about the durability of the signal column and how that looks. The Ryco one looks a little flimsy but the horn button on the end is an interesting way to set up the horn.
The signal column is fine, it isn’t made of steel but where it sits you won’t hit it. It feels solid. Just buy it you won’t be disappointed. I have had two different signal kits and I like this one a lot.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts