Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best kit to buy out there. I have looked at the Mud Industries, Triangle Boys, Side by Side sports, and Arctic Thunder ones. Have done some looking on here and its like Ford and Chevy argument. But in my case I haved never driven a Ford or a Chevy so its hard for me to make an opinion. I dont wanna build my own cause I just dont. Not gonna spend two or three trips to Lowes that is 20 miles away and spend $50 bucks on pipe when I can get a pre "engineered" system for less than $150 shipped to my door.

·
Registered
311 Posts
There is not a "Best kit". only opinions. I bought the Arctic thunder kustoms for the ease of installation also and have been very happy with it. It is basically 3 bottom and three top pieces. Either way, you will still have to cut your bed and extend your vent lines.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Most snorkel kits do the same job with different pieces of pipe. What most don`t tell you is it is only as good as the job you do sealing up the clutch cover ,the airbox and as mentioned your vent lines (7).Unless these are done correctly, the rest does not matter that much , as they are glued ABS pipe and will not leak anyhow......

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well dont really like the arctic thunder cause they go way up by the roof. I dont mind cutting the bed and extending the vent lines.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
I went with a mud industries "aggressor" kit, just for ease of build (after doing one from scratch for my sons 170), the build is good, simple, and has a nice coating...in the end it's all either abs, or pvs... People are always 50/50 on what's better. It's more preference in what you do, I bought the kit because it came ready, even the drilling template, only $150 I think, it's been awhile, and you can choose the coating color...(some) what I need for it is a DFR snorkel intake now!!

I will post pics of the kit, give me 1/2 hour....

UPDATE: here is a pic of the kit out of the box (some parts still wrapped, You can see its got this "Rhino Lining" stuff on the pipes that both looks good and makes it alot more durable.. sorry I had to search through a mound of boxes to find it... Again, You can still do this cheaper but for the price...I wouldnt want to make that one weird angled tube...just a nightmare...

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, thanks for the pics. It seems the Mud Ind. is a pretty good kit and looks cool too. I did my Arctic Cat 650H1 homemade and it was a nightmare. One wrong cut and its an hour of my day and $10 bucks in gas to go to Lowes. Someone said above about the vent lines. I can only think of the front and rear ends, transmission, gas tank and engine. Somebody said seven......??

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Cool, thanks for the pics. It seems the Mud Ind. is a pretty good kit and looks cool too. I did my Arctic Cat 650H1 homemade and it was a nightmare. One wrong cut and its an hour of my day and $10 bucks in gas to go to Lowes. Someone said above about the vent lines. I can only think of the front and rear ends, transmission, gas tank and engine. Somebody said seven......??
There is a thread that covers that called "homemade snorkel kit" I believe, For venting I'm sure it was seven, but someone had mentioned an eighth, but I would have to go back and read it again..It has some solid info..

Your dead on about the trips to lowes, Thankfully a memeber did a thread about the 170 snorkel down to every part, I just bought extra to save me the trips... Ive seen 2 other kits out there (owners here in AK) & they love my set, and its still in the box!! Your really only going to save so much over a $150 Kit anyways, and its all angled perfectly!

·
Registered
311 Posts
front dif
rear dif
transmission
transfer case
gas tank
engine breather line
radiator cap overflow

plug weep hole in back of instrument gauge.
Di electric grease all electrical connections.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, thanks guys. Is there a thread that shows all the vent lines.....Homemade snorkel kit thread perhaps? I havent dug all the way thru that thread cause its pretty long.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Cool, thanks guys. Is there a thread that shows all the vent lines.....Homemade snorkel kit thread perhaps? I havent dug all the way thru that thread cause its pretty long.
Yes they are pictured "mostly" in that thread, members added photos of almost all of them, others (common sence ones) they didn't bother)..but they even added some cool parts, like the new radiator overflow cap with built in valve to snorkel.. I recommend you just sit and read the whole thread for a good 1/2 hour and you'll be up to speed! It stopped me from asking a bunch and saved me much $$$$ cheers, mike

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have the MUD INDUSTRIES one...no problems so far and I test the limits...ALOT! I love it! =)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool thats what i wanted to hear. Thanks!

Has anyone ran all there vents to say a barbed inlet (drilled into and siliconed) into the snorkel below the bed? This way you aint got a bunch of hoses sticking up and ziptied to the upper part of the snorkel. Only thing I would be worried about is creating some kinda vacuum on them or vice versa.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Arctic Thunder kit looks good but makes the RZR look like the air vents on the old school cabover 18 wheelers.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe but that kit aint for me. I gotta look good too....LOL!

I dont think anyone saw my last post from page one but has anyone ran all there vent hoses to a barb fitting in the snorkels below the bed.......as to not have them sticking up and hanging all over the place?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts