Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2012 900xp and am having trouble deciding on which roof is the best to buy. I am not really a fan of the lock-n-ride roofs because of the damage I've seen them get while towing. I've even know some to come completely off the rollcage.

Whats my options? I'm a fan of the tight fitting aluminum roofs like UTVinc makes but I haven't seen any online for the stock rollcage.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jeremy

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you dont plan on swapping out your cage I would go with the polaris roof. just for the fact you can do the overhead ssv stereo. thats my biggest fustration with the thin aluminum roof is finding a stereo to go overhead.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Have you looked at the polaris aluminum roof. Buddy just got one it seems to be thicker than aftermarket roofs.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Look at the Cooter Brown roof.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I need a roof as well....Are the hard plastic ones not durable when towing or going over 65 mph? granted my Rzr will do 80+ no problem.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a Polaris sport roof on mine , never had any issues running 70 to 80 on the highway with it at all .

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs !

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have the Polaris aluminum roof, sprayed the inside with rubber coating, untested, 9 hours on machine. Speed tested to 80 mph so far.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Polaris Poly Roof

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a cooter brown, and towed my 570 over 3500 miles. On the back of my pickup with the front wheels on the tool box and on a trailer up to 80 mph. With out a problem. Take care Ron

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a cooter brown on my 570. Have towed over 3500 miles on the back of my pickup with the front wheels on the tool box & on a trailer. With out any problems. Take care Ron

·
Addicted
3,657 Posts
I agree on not wanting plastic. I cracked a plastic roof. I currently have the aluminum roof from EMP. It has survived a rollover (x4), and also came with a dome light. It also works great with overhead stereos.

Regardless, get one that doesn't bow in on the sides. You will be happy if riding in the rain...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts