Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kinda sorta want rock lights alot but dont want to pay 200 for lights..

What about the ones you see on amazon? 6 lights and hookup for 50 bucks.
Are these worth my money? I go through water often.

Reason I ask is I know many people with cheaper amazon light pods, cubes, and light bars and they work fine. Didnt know if this is the same case?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I purchased the 4 pack “Sunpie” brand ones off of Amazon. They have an aluminum housing and seem to be holding up well. They installed easy and are plenty bright! Figured for $45 they would be worth a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
22 Posts
On the front I used an “L” bracket and mounted the light to that with the included hardware. I then mounted the bracket just behind the shock on a frame brace that has a slot in it. The rears are simply mounted underneath the bed with some of the industrial 3M double sided tape. The same stuff used for vehicle emblems. I was skeptical as to how they would hold, but I prepped the surfaces with rubbing alcohol prior to mounting and they show no sign coming loose.
IMG_2575.jpg
IMG_2578.jpg
8.jpg

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the front I used an “L” bracket and mounted the light to that with the included hardware. I then mounted the bracket just behind the shock on a frame brace that has a slot in it. The rears are simply mounted underneath the bed with some of the industrial 3M double sided tape. The same stuff used for vehicle emblems. I was skeptical as to how they would hold, but I prepped the surfaces with rubbing alcohol prior to mounting and they show no sign coming loose.
View attachment 559890
View attachment 559892
View attachment 559894

I wondered how you would mount them above the wheels In the front. That's a good idea! Did you just buy some extra wire to run from the box to a switch on the dash

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep! Exactly.

Assuming you used a rocker switch (like that comes on rzrs for 4wd) did you buy some sort of adapter or plug for the recieving end of the switch? Both things ive added (winch and fan overide) have came with everything needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep! Exactly.

Assuming you used a rocker switch (like that comes on rzrs for 4wd) did you buy some sort of adapter or plug for the recieving end of the switch? Both things ive added (winch and fan overide) have came with everything needed.

Yes. I picked up one of the lighted FLIP brand rocker switches labeled “Underglow Lights” and wired it up just like any other accessory. The control box only requires a ground and a hot wire, so it’s pretty straight forward. The switch I purchased came with all the spade terminal adapters for installation. I guess technically you wouldn’t even need a switch in the dash as the app that controls the lighting has an on and off control function. You could simply add an in line fuse and wire direct to the bus bar in the front.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep! Exactly.

Yes. I picked up one of the lighted FLIP brand rocker switches labeled “Underglow Lights” and wired it up just like any other accessory. The control box only requires a ground and a hot wire, so it’s pretty straight forward. The switch I purchased came with all the spade terminal adapters for installation. I guess technically you wouldn’t even need a switch in the dash as the app that controls the lighting has an on and off control function. You could simply add an in line fuse and wire direct to the bus bar in the front.
Right on! Have your lights been trouble free? With mounting them that close on the front I assume they get hit with lots of debris

·
Registered
22 Posts

Right on! Have your lights been trouble free? With mounting them that close on the front I assume they get hit with lots of debris

I’ve had absolutely no problems with the lights at all. Some reviews report Bluetooth connection issues but I have had no problems with that. I have had no problems with damage caused by flying debris. I ride mostly hard pack trails and gravel roads so I get my fair share of flying rocks!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I did two under the side of the bed on each side. One on each side of the springs. One each side in the front. On the frame in that wheel well is a circular bracket. I tapped and drilled two small holes for the lights.

The most time you'll spend is running the wires and making it pretty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ran the Amazon Mic tuning rgb rock lights on my 850 sp... The AP is very basic works fine never had any issues submerged the pods plenty of times without any problems just keep the control box is a decent location ... Im going to put the 4 pod in the interior and buy a 6 for the rzr

1 - 16 of 16 Posts