Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love the Zilla stickies but just can’t justify spending that much on tires that won’t last very long. So what’s the opinions on everything else? Leaning towards pro armor crawlers or rockabilly’s or maybe the firm zillas?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I’ve heard the XTR 370s do alright. But I’ve also read about them being thin and easy to get sidewall punctures.

I personally always got along good with the OG Roctanes. They are heavy but they are a good all around tire and they are TOUGH!

I think the Nitto K spec SXS tires are a great option as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
934 Posts
I’ve heard the XTR 370s do alright. But I’ve also read about them being thin and easy to get sidewall punctures.

I personally always got along good with the OG Roctanes. They are heavy but they are a good all around tire and they are TOUGH!

I think the Nitto K spec SXS tires are a great option as well.

The xtr370s are definitely not thin. I run 6psi and have no problems or worry about having problems. The weight is the only negative I see with them.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
The xtr370s are definitely not thin. I run 6psi and have no problems or worry about having problems. The weight is the only negative I see with them.
That’s good to hear. I’ve read several posts on Facebook where people complain they are thin. Nice to hear some positive reviews in that regard. They sure do look sweet.

·
Registered
2021 xp turbo4
934 Posts
That’s good to hear. I’ve read several posts on Facebook where people complain they are thin. Nice to hear some positive reviews in that regard. They sure do look sweet.

This is the first I've heard that said about them. I think they do really well in East coast riding. Seem to grip in every condition. I'll probably go 35" roxxzillas next tho just because of the weight.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I’ve entertained that possibility for sure! But I would rather get a tire that’ll last me 4-5 yrs of riding rocks rather than 1-2.
Then your not gonna get a “top performing” tire.

Go with a OG Roctane. Those things last a long time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’ve entertained that possibility for sure! But I would rather get a tire that’ll last me 4-5 yrs of riding rocks rather than 1-2.
Seen guys with Roxxzillas go a couple thousand miles on them. Not sure how many miles you put on your machine a year but I’ll take a good couple years of excellent performance vs average if I’m gonna mostly ride on the rocks.

A less grippy tire might wear out faster on rocks vs a sticky one because you will be spinning tires more and struggling a bit to go over or climb obstacles than you would with a sticky tire.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Check out the 35" Warrior XT's. The stickies are killer rock crawlers...but they will wear fast because they are super soft. The standard will last longer on hard pack. Both are killer crawlers and trail tires.
I have heard great reviews about the stickies.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
the roctanes dont looks like a great rock tire and they are super stiff and the rubber is hard, but i had a set for a few years and for some reason they just work. You just about can't puncture one and you can almost run them 0psi. i think i had 2000 miles on mine and they were 75% tread. Still got them stacked in the shop actually if anyone needs a set of 30x14.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You get what you pay for with tires.

If you want a tire that grips rock, it needs to be soft. Soft tires wear faster.

Pick two options:
Tires that grip well.
Tires that last a long time.
Tires that are cheap.
Nobody is arguing this logic. Just looking for the best non sticky rock crawling tire. Obviously the sticky is better. Not looking for cheap tires either.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts