Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
skat-trak 7 paddles for the rear and smoothies up front mounted on douglas red label.
Doonz 8 paddles mounred on douglas red label.

skat-trak$$$and the doonz are less expansive.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
the play cut STU from Fulleton look good and are getting good reviews.
Scats have been proven to work well too.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
The best setup for the RZR4 is the STU Blasters for duning. During one of the weekends we were out in Glamis testing with EPI, UTV offroad (Thanks Don and Troy for the great action shots) Fireball Racing and a few of the site members, we ran all the setups on the RZR4. We put 4 guys in the RZR4 at Olds and tested how well each did. The only setup that climbed OLDS with 4 guys was the Blasters and it did it with ease.

A couple months ago UTV offroad wrote an article about the EPI clutching and how it performed. The last paragraph they said they had a hard time keeping up with a stock RZR4 with paddles and an EPI clutch setup with their RZRS. Thats the setup and the same setup as the picture in my avatar and below.

Attachments

·
aka: Bad Influence
929 Posts
Dave, I have the setup you tested in Glamis but my question is this, I have alot of tight dune trails in Waynoka and wondered if you have a MoHawk style front that will fit the STU Blasters? Let me know cuase the smoothies push a little in the tight trails, other than that in the open dunes this setup absolutely rocks hands down there isnt better out there.

Oh and next weekend will be the first weekend with the EPI Clutching setup for these tires, cant wait.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I do have a Mohawk available for that setup that we can do for you. Try taping your brakes right when you turn, it will load the front tires more to help you turn quicker with the smoothies. Hard to two foot with the RZRs because of the pedal location, but if you can, leave accelerator down and tap the brake as you are turning it will turn quicker.

Dave - FSS

·
aka: Bad Influence
929 Posts
I will try that before I go to the mohawk. ride report coming in another week.

Dave you are going to make me a better driver with these tips. LOL Hopefully someday I can make it back to Glamis and run with you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts