Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm looking to add an option for audio/tunes to my ride and can't spend more than $500 but honestly even that seems really high but anyhow what is the best/easiest option for this in that price range or less, more is NOT an option.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
I have no idea what machine or other ...but if it is a XPT , I would recommend Alba it's a new ECU so you keep your stock one and you can sell the Alba if you dont like it.
Nate and others at Alba have been doing good stuff for years .....$470.00

·
Registered
982 Posts
Although I really don’t understand why anyone bothers to put stereos in these things, my buddy uses a Bluetooth speaker with an ipod/iphone and it seems to work great. It fits in his cupholder and I think he paid $70 for it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
So I can listen to music?
Is that a question? I thought the same thing before I got the stereo in mine. I’m like, “why?” I grew up on atvs and dirt bikes and just loving the engine sound. Same with the Rzr. I put the stereo in just to be able to have audio when we stream movies on our mobile projector when we are out camping, but sure enough now I love riding with tunes! That audio roof doesn’t look too bad for the price. The boxes are the most expensive part usually. For 500 bucks you aren’t going to have many options Anyhow.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought a $20 bluetooth speaker from amazon, came as a pair actually, water proof, battery lasts for 10+ hours on kill mode.

Absolutely perfect for 2 people up front in my 4 seater. If i have an additional 3rd person or 2 more people in the back, i install the other
speaker towards the rear. They dont make youre ears ring by any means but you can definitely hear them even with a helmet on.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought a $20 bluetooth speaker from amazon, came as a pair actually, water proof, battery lasts for 10+ hours on kill mode.

Absolutely perfect for 2 people up front in my 4 seater. If i have an additional 3rd person or 2 more people in the back, i install the other
speaker towards the rear. They dont make youre ears ring by any means but you can definitely hear them even with a helmet on.
How do you secure it

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
SkullCandy earbuds. $15, great sound. Not annoying my neighbors.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Although I really don’t understand why anyone bothers to put stereos in these things
So I don't have to listen to the squeaks 😆

For an OEM cage the overhead MTX setup is cool and decently priced. I had the front and back speaker setup. I used my tablet for Bluetooth audio to the MTX. Has a flip down compartment for a phone with a charging port. Also has a couple of overhead lights integrated into it. Sound quality is decent, not the loudest on the market but with 4 speakers right above your head it works well.

RZR MTX Overhead Audio Pod by Polaris

I changed to a Rockford Fosgate Stage 2 system. On sale you can find them in the $500 range.

Stereo and front speaker kit for 2014-2018 Polaris® RZR® models | Rockford Fosgate ®

I've got my MTX overhead system for sale if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
So I don't have to listen to the squeaks 😆

For an OEM cage the overhead MTX setup is cool and decently priced. I had the front and back speaker setup. I used my tablet for Bluetooth audio to the MTX. Has a flip down compartment for a phone with a charging port. Also has a couple of overhead lights integrated into it. Sound quality is decent, not the loudest on the market but with 4 speakers right above your head it works well.

RZR MTX Overhead Audio Pod by Polaris

I changed to a Rockford Fosgate Stage 2 system. On sale you can find them in the $500 range.

Stereo and front speaker kit for 2014-2018 Polaris® RZR® models | Rockford Fosgate ®

I've got my MTX overhead system for sale if you're interested.
I agree, the mtx overhead system is a pretty good set up for the price. A friend and I both got the 2 speaker mtx set up with our rzrs, and both of ours at about 2000 miles developed some kind of internal short where as every time you hit a bump one of the speakers cuts out and gets all staticy. We tried pulling his apart to find the issue but doesn't seem to be any way to take it apart.

Joe I'd be very interested in your set up if it's in good working order, the static is driving me nuts, almost as bad as listening to wifey bitch about it lol!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts