Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I am purchasing a stock standard rzr and will be racing in both desert and short coure, and also playing in the sand and rocks, There are so many kits out there have it narrowed down though, want people's opinion on kits, who has the most complete kits and good customer service, also need a kit that they know abou the chocks as far as spring rates and valving thanks, hear is a list
1)FST
2)XMF
3)mafia ind.
4) long travel ind.
5) Shawz
6) Racer Tech

any other good ones I am missing
thanks Ryan

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have a used LSR +8 with FOX 2.0 RC2 shocks its powdered coated black. Its a complete kit with ball joints and UTV INC derlin bushings already installed. Ill figure out a price if your interested.

Shocks have been revalved once to keep from bottoming out all the time. seemed to work well for the two rides I put on them. I took the kit off in preparation to sell my S

·
Vendor
969 Posts
We have seen some really good results pairing our shocks with the racertech kits. If your interested let me know. Thanks!

Chris,
Zbroz Racing

·
Registered
99 Posts
we have the long travel industries kit on 2 of our rzr's and they pretty much outperform any other RZR's we have come across in the desert or dunes.
great guys and customer service is top notch

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys bioaction2 send me a pm with that price, also I have seen youtube or FST, LSR, HCR racing all in action any other video's out floating around of suspension in action

·
Registered
160 Posts
I really think if you want a race proven set I would have to say look at ZBroz or Holz racing products. Both of these companies I know I have seen in a race series and both perform really well. Holz wins everything he enters so you know they know something...Plus they both have this little thing called good customer service! Don't matter how good your stuff is you bought if you have questions and no one offers any help!

·
Registered
200 Posts
The mafia kit is awesome. I love the boxed a-arms and with the relocation of the shock towers front and back the ride is great, but it seems to sit closer to the ground than other lt kits (might just be mine). I seem to hit rocks that shouldn't be a problem, but cranking the springs down a little more might help.
For track racing or glamis this kit is awesome. if you are running in mainly rocky areas you might want a kit that gives a little more ground clearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want to be able to haul ass in the dezert, sand, and also take it to a track and rock crawling once in a while, I like how the FST kit has good ground coverage, does FST valve their king shocks in house.

·
Registered
183 Posts
the best long travel is the one that you purchase. Your opion is the only one that matters once the money is spent. I have a super atv plus 5 with walker evens shocks. set up works great for my riding and the cost was in the range of my needs. pick the one that you like to best and stick with it. their are pros and cons to every make and model but in the end it is your money and if you like blue don't let someone else talk you into red. Long travel is one of the best upgrades i have done . rides better than my truck. hope it helps.

·
De Oppresso Liber
1,682 Posts
You can't go wrong with the XMF kit with WER shocks. The shocks are dialed in for the LT kit and the LT kit itself is bombproof. Likewise, the Lone Star LT kit with Shocks from (Steve) Makingtrax is a really good LT kit with shocks to go with. Not to mention that Steve stands behind his shocks 110 % and is a forum vendor.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
FST makes a great kit. It comes with all of the chassis bracing necessary to beef up the frame and mounts. I have had no problems with mine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts