Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to search but didn't have a lot of luck so here goes.
I have standard 08 RZR,
25X12 and 25X10 mud light tires on stock rims.
What would be my best bet for a lift.
Lots of rocky trails
I would like to go 3" but would rather not have to buy spacers if possible and have read that a 2" lift may result in only 1.5" better clerance.
What are some opinions on this?
Cheers

·
Registered
916 Posts
I am also interested in getting a lift and have been looking at the catvos 3" lift. I understand it is adjustable from 2-3". Some people on here have it and they love it. There are also many people on here with the Racer Tech 2" lift and I have heard many good things about that lift as well. Check these out as they both seem to be good lifts.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I went with the SuperAtv lift. It is 2-3 inch adjustable and comes with the quick disconnect front sway bar attachments. Easy to install and gives your frame more support when bolted on also.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey.. thanks for the input everyone!!
I have to laugh though... three replies and 3 different opinions.
Still at a loss...
Do all of these need spacers or can I get away without them?
Cheers all!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
If you are using stock wheels, you will probably need at least 1" spacers in the rear. To add to the mix... I used the Rubberdown lift. I have never ridden in another lifted rzr so I cannot make any comparison about ride quality vs another lift. It only raised it about 1 1/2". Highlifter springs added another 1". My shocks are set on the softest setting. I run 28" zillas and have about 13 1/2" total ground clearance.

Lift was very easy to install, good directions. My lift looks factory. Since it mounts on the A-arms you aren't restricted by the lift for any aftermarket exhaust system.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey.. thanks for the input everyone!!
I have to laugh though... three replies and 3 different opinions.
Still at a loss...
Do all of these need spacers or can I get away without them?
Cheers all!!
I Too am Looking for a lift kit and have narrowed it down to
ROKTEK 3" LIFT KIT SWAY BAR DISC.
Roktek Lift Kits | Polaris RZR lift kits 2007 - 2010

or the racer tech with atr upgrades
2'' inches of gain in ground without widening the machine(no spacers)

·
Registered
35 Posts
The local Polaris dealer was working hard to scare me off of a lift kit - said they have a lot of breakdowns in other parts. True or just scaring me into buying a 26" tire set on 14" rims (what he recommended and happened to have available).

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
roktek is by far the best kit for the standard rzr, does not cause cv bind and is built strong. I had this kit on my 09 after taking off those pos bottom shock kits which put the cvs into bind at full travel.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Any lift will bring the tire in closer to the motor mount. So spacers, offset wheels or narrower wheels and tires will be needed.

I will be buying a lift that move the top of the shock mount, as it put the shock in a stronger position and works better.

Look at the lift kit. I think a kit that needs the addition of a spring spacer is poorly designed.

Tried to search but didn't have a lot of luck so here goes.
I have standard 08 RZR,
25X12 and 25X10 mud light tires on stock rims.
What would be my best bet for a lift.
Lots of rocky trails
I would like to go 3" but would rather not have to buy spacers if possible and have read that a 2" lift may result in only 1.5" better clerance.
What are some opinions on this?
Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey, thanks for the experience. I will look into the Roktek, once I find who deals in them. Does it use a spring spacer? BTW, I have ordered 2" spacers for the back, and 1.5" spacers for the front. I did this already as I will be putting on 26" x 9" (front) and 26" x 11" (back) ITP Mud Lite XTR's on my 12" stock rims.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I purchased a ROK TEK lift kit a couple of years ago. Great addition to your RZR. Make sure you buy the spacers that go on top of the shocks. The stock shocks will sag evan after the lift kit. Think about the Progressive springs, I don't think they sag. I solved my problem of high centering, I put a set of Legand Air Shocks on. They work great. You can set them to any height you want up to 15". They ride good also.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I found mine on Ebay. I think he still sells there. I don't know if he is a vendor on this forum. Go to the search on the forum and look at the lift kits. There is a whole lot of info there. Make sure you put in the correct spelling when you search. The Company is ROK TEK. If you don't find him let me know, I think I still have his tele number. I can get it for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just done a search on this forum. There is alot of info regarding lift kits. Sounds like the ROK TEK has a 100% positive on the product. I think I still have the phone number for the guy that sells the kit. If you don't find him on Ebay Motors let me know I will get it for you tomorrow

·
Banned
397 Posts
If you have a 2011 model you want to make a phone call to any supplier of any kit you are thinking of. I was going to get a Roktek lift but Kevin at Roktek said they are having issues with binding. He is a real honest and professional person. So no matter what people say on this forum about this lift and that lift. Your best bet is to call around and talk the people who have good reputations from all the past business they have done.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you have a 2011 model you want to make a phone call to any supplier of any kit you are thinking of. I was going to get a Roktek lift but Kevin at Roktek said they are having issues with binding. He is a real honest and professional person. So no matter what people say on this forum about this lift and that lift. Your best bet is to call around and talk the people who have good reputations from all the past business they have done.
Did he say why that is? I thought there were not changes to the 2011 suspension other than diff brand shocks?????

1 - 20 of 42 Posts