Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on buying a set of black 15" Motorsports Alloy M12 wheels for my rzr, however not sure which tires I should buy... I ride mostly in the sand however and on hard pack dirt and rock from time to time. Would just buy a set off paddles for the rzr but the wife doesn't like how you can't get the backend to break loose like you can with knobbed tires. And I'd rather just have one set of wheels anyways do I don't to switch wheels/tires all the time. So which knobby tires preform the best in sand. I have a 2011 RZR XP and am pretty happy with the stock tires, thinking that a deeper tread pattern might be better for what im doing tho... Anyone got any suggestions??

·
Registered
948 Posts
With 15" wheels I don't think it will matter. You'll have so little sidewall flex when you air down you'll always be spinning. If you have to though get something shaped like the ITP Mudlites, a V pattern like a chevron design.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With 15" wheels I don't think it will matter. You'll have so little sidewall flex when you air down you'll always be spinning. If you have to though get something shaped like the ITP Mudlites, a V pattern like a chevron design.
Am i setting myself up for a problem by trying to run 15" wheels? They make the same wheels in 14", would bringing the wheel size down help alot? Should i just give up on my dream of bigger rims and be happy with the 12" wheels that are on it now?

·
Registered
948 Posts
I would say if you're gonna get 14's just go ahead and get the 15's because it won't be that big of a difference. I would personally never run a 15 in the sand if I were to ride there more than a couple times a year. If I was primarily in the sand I would stick with 12's but I also agree with the tire you wish to run. I really want to get some Super Swampers on 15's but can't justify the $$$ at least until my factory Bighorns wear out. And as far as sliding characteristics with paddles in the sand, I slide the hell out of my 16 paddle Blasters in the dunes all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts