Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you all could give me some info on what the best exhaust for my rzr would be and if you think I need a fuel programmer with it???

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Best exhaust for the money is Stock. You can buy a Muzzy, or Barkers, but they add very little, if anything to your RZR with the one exception throttle response. If you're dead set on buying an exhaust for looks, exhaust tone, or you just have money burning a hole in your pocket, go with the Muzzy if you're planning on doing a lift kit later, or the Barkers if you just want looks, and no lift.

·
S.O.B son of boss
1,067 Posts
muzzy sounds fuzzy an like crap!!! LTE duals or 2into1 is the best. Barkers an Monster exhaust are the only other ones even close!! ive had them all!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
muzzy sounds fuzzy an like crap!!! LTE duals or 2into1 is the best. Barkers an Monster exhaust are the only other ones even close!! ive had them all!!
Yeah, I agree! If sound is what matters then LTE is the one.

·
S.O.B son of boss
1,067 Posts
agreed but it still needs to sound good! i couldnt be proud to drive anything that sounds as bad as these do stock!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have the dual LTE with a PC3...LOVE it! It is VERY LOUD which is just what I wanted! :ride:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I've got a set of Muzzy duals and I love them.. Don't care to be super loud.. I like to listen to the radio and talk to my passenger. Muzzys are just a little louder then stock but they don't sound like your RZR is farting like the stock pipe does. From what I've seen LTE duals are about as loud as you can make this 2 banger if thats what your after. I've never been one to make a stock machine really loud. Truck, car, motorcycle you name it. I want them to sound good not loud..
Exhaust is really subjective.. Best thing for you to do is pay attention to other RZRs.. Hear one you like ask them what they have..

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
I have the FMF exhaust for the RZR-S. Definite results was better throttle response and faster acceleration. I like the sound and have been complimented many times from others and they look clean.... Price point is reasonable too...

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
They have done dyno testing with all the exhaust a while back ... the gain on a stock RZR motor was very little. I use to have the link to website ... I think UTV magazine did it. They took the same RZR ... and put ever exhaust on it! No one has done the same thing on a RZR S ... my guess is that there was very little to no gain. And that is why there is no dyno data posted for exhaust gain on a S from anyone ... they alway seem to use a standard RZR on the tests!

So if you are doing ... it is for looks ... or sound ...thats why I did it!! The dollar to HP gain is really high!!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I found it ... its a little old and would be great if they updated ... but dont think the numbers would get any better ... maybe just a HP better ..if any at all!

Polaris RZR Exhaust Evaluation

·
Registered
136 Posts
Anybody running a S&S performance exhaust? How do they sound?
Looks like a clean install. Short and sweet. I would like to reduce the heat under the bed, shorter to me = less heat. the stock pipe just seems to go a long way around for no real purpose, that I see. I am leaning towards the S&S pipe and have it ceramic coated for less heat.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I would like to hear the S&S ... it looks like a short version of the factory S pipe and would work with allot of the after market long travel kits.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
From a person who's dyno a few they really dont make that much HP they very about 3 HP had a Gibson before liked it sound and it wasn't overly loud.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts