Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice a lot of people are running massive stereo systems on their Rzrs... not to mention other stuff like lights. I want to hear some opinions on what the best battery/charging is before I decide how big Im gonna go with my stereo and accessories. Help me out people!:rollfinger:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Im in on this one. I have only been on here for several days but looks like the replacement battery box with the Optima is pretty standard.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have the odyssey 925L, it fits right in the stock location (on my 09) and works great. Much better than the stock battery. I went with the odyssey so I would have to buy a new battery box right away.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I think if you did a Poll you would find many more of us have gone with the 925L. I used to trickle charge my RZR, but after the battery upgade I just get in and start it!!! Over 5000 miles and 2 1/2 years on the battery,
John

·
In the swamp.
175 Posts
I'm running two 10" subs and four 6.5 speakers. A 2000 watt 6 channel amp with 18db adjustment thru the I-pod. I tried the 925l battery and it would run about 40 min. So I upgraded to two 6 volt sealed AGM batterys. I can run it for over 8 hours and no problems. I also have the battery isolater to.
We always become the life of the party.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've done both the odessey and the optima. Everyone talks about the 925 fitting right into the stock location.... I don't really think it fits that well.... yes..... it fits right into the box.... but you have to bow the metal strap on top to fit over it.... and the electrical connects are kinda tricky around the plastic battery box. I am currently installing a RPM battery box and yellow top Optima battery.... I think the RPM battery box is the way to go.....

The optima and rpm battery box will cost you more.... and it will be heavier.... but I think its worth it.

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
Yes, the 925 fits good, just add some spacers on the bolts on the hold down bar and you don't have to bend the bar to make it fit. I did cut down the stock battery box where the terminals are to make it easier to get these on. I also slid down a piece of rigid insulation between the battery and forward battery well wall to keep everything snug. Hopefully tomorrow I will be receiving the Surepower 1314 battery separator and will have a dual battery setup.

·
Registered
475 Posts
hi sharktank, greetngs from mexico...

i beleive you already helped me out in another post.

i have a question: your 2 agm batteries are charged by the rzr stator? or you put a external charger on them whenever they need it? also i think they are some kind of big batteries and also 2!! qhere did you install them? de you have some pics?

thanks!!

sergio,
mazatlan, mexico

I'm running two 10" subs and four 6.5 speakers. A 2000 watt 6 channel amp with 18db adjustment thru the I-pod. I tried the 925l battery and it would run about 40 min. So I upgraded to two 6 volt sealed AGM batterys. I can run it for over 8 hours and no problems. I also have the battery isolater to.
We always become the life of the party.

·
Registered
194 Posts
PC925L - OdysseyFits great, $150 delivered to you -

"http://www.tnrbattery.com/Odyssey/battery/PC925L.html"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I am running the stock battery just to power the Rzr as it comes from the factory. I added a Odessey 925 under the drivers seat in the storage compartment and it is being charged with the UTV Inc 60 amp alternator. The Odessey battery powers all the added accessories, includes 1 Rigid LED light bar, 5 Rigid LED Dually lights, stereo, 2 whips, heated seats, dome light and a blender. No problems what so ever.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
I am running the stock battery just to power the Rzr as it comes from the factory. I added a Odessey 925 under the drivers seat in the storage compartment and it is being charged with the UTV Inc 60 amp alternator. The Odessey battery powers all the added accessories, includes 1 Rigid LED light bar, 5 Rigid LED Dually lights, stereo, 2 whips, heated seats, dome light and a blender. No problems what so ever.
i like the blender part

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
i like the blender part
Gotta' keep Momma HAPPPPPY!!!!........:rofl3::rofl3:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts