Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Best Air intake system

• Total voters
161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have the new Airaid system. I am pleased with its performance and like the fact that you can run with or without the snorkel. I have yet to pull everything apart and inspect it for cleanliness but everything mounts together and seals well with quality gaskets. I am happy with this product so far!!
So hows the dust? Is there any beyond the filter? And since it has a snorkel. Does it snorkel the cvt area.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I need some imput here, I have been debating what air intake system i want to purchase. i have looked at the UMP, DFR"S, AFE, K&N, CYclone, Vent racing. I have heard alot of good things abou the UMP and DFR. What is the best system.
Im not real intrested in drilling any holes in my bed or having the intake tube above the bed. But is that the best way to go?
Also does placing the vent in the access panel between the seats make any difference as for ait flow into the intake?How much additional noise do you get in the cab with them?
Any imput is appreciated, im looking to upgrade my intake next so thought i would ask the members here first for some insite. Thanks
I have the vent behind my seat cant tell its there runs as good as stock...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is the OE air filter system on the 2014 XP1000's really that restrictive as far as performance is concerned, and inefficient at removing dirt from the air?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe it has been said that any modifications other than a turbo actually loses power on the xp1k

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
for air intake option check out fuelcustoms for the 900xp

·
Registered
242 Posts
UMP Rocks , The DFR is a copy made by BTI who copyed the UMP ect ect its a crazy circle lol
The UMP is a great system, no doubt. The cannister is much smaller and requires cutting your stock RZR to install. I am not saying that one is better than the other; but, we have been racing on this type of cannister/cyclone air filter system on our class 1 race car; as well as, UTV's for years. We have managed to bring home 3 consecutive BAJA titles and other racing series wins with this exact bolt-on system. Our system does not require any cutting/fabrication at all, mounts on the motor, and replacement filters are available nation-wide. We also have thousands of these units in the field and have had major sucess with them. In the end, it always depends upon your specific application and what you want to achieve with your off-road vehicle. We all know that the RZR needs a better intake system one way or another, so any route you take other than stock is a good one.
I have the Dragonfire system and love it! The Filters are a no-hassel, easy drop in application with easy access from the side. One of the easiest installs and best bang for the buck. You can find affordable Donaldson replacement filters all day long, which is important.

Jr
I would love to get their intake but the bang for the buck is steep. Does anyone know where you can find it under 430

666 Posts
We have hundreds of our Double Down kits out there. It adddresses the issue regarding the negative pressure with the air box in the XP900 and gives you more through the useable power band. No need to cut holes in your bed and for a more reasonable cost than the others on the market.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Best Intake System...PJ's Airaid Intake system hands down!

PJ's Performance - Get the most out of your ride & increase horsepower with Airaid Intake Systems

Coupon Code "S15" will get you an additional 15% off at check out and always...FREE SHIPPING! Get yours today!
:rofl3: Air raid products for use in the dusty conditions that most sxs' s are used in will never filter adequately enough to prevent ingestion of particles into the intake. While they may be adequate for on road use, or on the track.....they are lacking for this application. Just like the K&N....they will end up costing the end user a motor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a new Opti-Air by Fleetguard in the box, but filter is gone. I'll take $60 if anyone needs it. Part # for the fleetguard system is AH19477. pm if interested...

I now have a complete set up. This includes the Housing and both filters. Brand new in the box and delivered via USPS for $95.00
I am interested if you still have the fleetguard filter housings.

·
Registered
342 Posts
has anyone used the new S&B particle separator in Lou of using the UMP intake.....or the S&B in Lou of the stock system how S&B advertises their system??

I'm currently trying to pull the trigger on both the UMP and adding S&b's system to the UMP.....as i recently had to rebuild the motor from the ground up from the crappy polaris filter on my 15' xp1k.....luckily i can say its fully built and i wanna make sure this doesn't happen to a top notch built motor again $$:redrzr: FYI I strongly don't advising going with UNI filter- 8hours later after a brand new filter replacement and my motor was toast

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ump system robs power at least 5 hp across the board compared to the stock. Your best bet is the S&B particle separator with stock system. if your looking for better protection. Fuelcustoms intake for the 900 will out perform all of these when it comes to performance and protection. We use two filters before its reaches the motor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Look, there’s tons of intake systems out there and my friends have tried most of them. BUT I run the factory filter and air box and added the S&B air particle separator, IT WORKS AWESOME. We do a lot of desert riding with a lot of dust in the air and with the S&B separator my filter stays WAY cleaner than ANY of the guys that run other intake systems. So for the money $375 it’s definitely the best bang for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

161 - 178 of 178 Posts