Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the super atv +5 LT kit and want to get some aluminum A-Arm guards... Who has the best and the best price????? opinions of why would be nice also, thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no body has A-arm guards and an opinion of them, lol come on guys/gals!!!!! Vendors welcome too! I need to order some soon!

·
Registered
406 Posts
no body has A-arm guards and an opinion of them, lol come on guys/gals!!!!! Vendors welcome too! I need to order some soon!
We have a set of UHMW guards that work pretty good with that kit.
do yall have any pics, of the skid and a arm guards on an S rzr, from diffent veiws, im thinkin about orderin it soon but still lookin around to see what i like best and what functions really well with out tearin up

·
Vendor
2,110 Posts
do yall have any pics, of the skid and a arm guards on an S rzr, from diffent veiws, im thinkin about orderin it soon but still lookin around to see what i like best and what functions really well with out tearin up
RZR S with Polaris Nerfs

·
Registered
406 Posts
RZR S with Polaris Nerfs

I like how the screws r counter bored in so u don't have to knock them off, do yall send exta screws and rings for mounting all of the skid plate on??

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
I have the same SATV +5LT Kit that you have.
I installed a set of Front A-Arm Guards that fit and work very well.

I ordered a set of Rear A-Arm Guards and after painting them found out that they don't fit. So, I too, either need to find a new set or find a way to modify what I have.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have the FUTV set on a stock 2010 S--they're awesome. Just got my new skids and rock sliders in from them and putting them on this week. The A arm covers are a breeze to put on, and the fit is excellent.

I thought I wanted aluminum at first, but after reading A LOT of info on here, I changed my mind and went with UHMW.

·
Vendor
2,110 Posts
I have the FUTV set on a stock 2010 S--they're awesome. Just got my new skids and rock sliders in from them and putting them on this week. The A arm covers are a breeze to put on, and the fit is excellent.

I thought I wanted aluminum at first, but after reading A LOT of info on here, I changed my mind and went with UHMW.
You won't be sorry, UHMW kicks aluminums butt as a skid material.

·
Registered
304 Posts
AND FUTV is great to deal with--just got off the phone with them--they answered all my stupid questions, and never laughed at me.....at least not while they were on the phone with me......

·
Registered
221 Posts

Spendy little puppys, huh........:scared2:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts

None of the pups on the RZR are cheap, but I guess most are worth it unless you can do the fab work yourself.

·
Registered
221 Posts

None of the pups on the RZR are cheap, but I guess most are worth it unless you can do the fab work yourself.
Yeah, I suppose you get what you pay for. I ordered them and received them Thursday, along with their fuel tank skid plate. They ARE nice! Now if I only had installation instructions I'd set. I haven't gotten around to installing any of it, it's too damn cold out. Does anyone have instructions or a guide? It's probably a no-brainer but I'm old and feeble minded:rofl3:. I need all the help I can get.:scared2:

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
i have bob from futv's skids on my rzr and if you had seen some of the rocks i encountered last trip..(going 60 mph rocks jump at you) all i have is a few scratches on them... same trail last year i just about ripped the stock one off...i actually lost about 30% of the stock one ripped chunks of it off...lol

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
side note i also have the supper atv kit and the front arm mounts are their but the rear are diff or something....

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yeah, I suppose you get what you pay for. I ordered them and received them Thursday, along with their fuel tank skid plate. They ARE nice! Now if I only had installation instructions I'd set. I haven't gotten around to installing any of it, it's too damn cold out. Does anyone have instructions or a guide? It's probably a no-brainer but I'm old and feeble minded:rofl3:. I need all the help I can get.:scared2:
Fronts: Mount/place them so they don't interfere with any suspension movement. Secure them with the hex bit bolts and metal brackets (bolt through bottom of guard, then slip over bracket making sure to catch the A-arm, and secure with a nut). You do not need to remove the stock guards; if anything, they provide a little more protection for the boots.

Rears: Secure the hex bit bolts into the holes in the A-arms using the included nuts. You do not need to worry about placement. You need to remove the stock guards.

Skid: Remove the stock one, bolt up the new one. It's a one man job, but infinitely easier if you have an extra set of hands. I've since replaced my hardware with stainless bolts and lock washers, torqued a little lower than factory specs (about 5 ft/lbs), lathered with anti-seize. Makes dropping it easier.

My 1/2" skid has taken some insane blows and held up fine--not just scratches, but gouges out. But, when you forest trail ride and come upon some unavoidable rocks, you either slam your brakes or go faster. I choose the latter. My A-arm guards, which are the earlier FUTV ones (a little shorter and a little less protection), have worked well. The bottoms are scarred, but my arms, CVs, etc. are fine. FUTV skids are the best of the best.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts