Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2011 Rzr-S and would like to change out the seat belt for a 4 or 5 point harness, what and were would be the best place to buy,

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think another good question to ask in addition to what is the best harness is

What is the best priced harness?

Cause lets face it were not in a formula one care doing 200 MPH we just need a good restraint to hold us in in the event of a rool over doing 2 MPH.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
You might also want to check out DragonFire Racing. They are a site vendor and their belts have a sternum strap to keep the belts from spreading and coming off your shoulders.

·
Vendor
21,929 Posts
crow crow and more crow

3" h style padded with sternum for stock seats.. 5th point if you dont want to worry about riding up.. we stock in all colors... forum member discounts and already cheap as hell prices.. you cant go wrong with us.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Tried the crow 2" and didn't think the location and length of the padded should strap was good for me. Thought the 2" was uncomfortable. Went with Dragonfire racing 3" and really like the quality, fit and comfort. They kinda look overkill and pricey for a SXS, but they are comfortable! Just my opinion......others are very happy with the Crow.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
corw 5 point 3x3 with pads and sternum strap, you could order from utvinc or anybody.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you for the input, I contacted Dragon Fire Racing today and they said for 2011 Polaris changed the floor buckles so I would have to get creative to mount the Harness.
they will be coming out in the next month or so with a fix,

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I went with DF 4 pt belts and love em. I like the fact that they are black and have the sturnum strap and they are comfortable. I think 5 pt is over kill, unless maybe if you race at high speeds.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
5 points are overkill until you lawn dart your RZR and end up wadded up under the steering wheel.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
I think another good question to ask in addition to what is the best harness is

What is the best priced harness?

Cause lets face it were not in a formula one care doing 200 MPH we just need a good restraint to hold us in in the event of a rool over doing 2 MPH.
I disagree. I fully except to crash at wide open throttle (60+ MPH), flipping at least 3 times, and landing on its roof. If I don't that will be OK but that is what I'm belted in for.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
5 points are overkill until you lawn dart your RZR and end up wadded up under the steering wheel.
I am not sure what it is to lawn dart but I don't think you can do it trail riding at 25 to 35 MPH. Like I said racing at high speeds is when you need 5 pt, but I would think for 90% of us 4 pt is good.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
You can't lawn dart at 35 trail riding? Good luck with that.

·
Road - Dirt - Water
205 Posts
Disagree with need for 5-point ... I did in fact "Lawn Dart" at Glamis ... riding along, afternoon sun, the sand all looked the same and BAM .... went over like a 4' sheer drop right on the nose. Shieght that hurt! Whipblash like crazy. My sun glasses were four feet in front of the RZR and everything exited the RZR that was not tied down.

The DragonFire 4-Points worked VERY well ... no bruises, held me right in there at 240 pounds. No way I was gonna be under the steering wheel. I thought the steering wheel as gonna break! Everything is good, it happened so fricken fast you never saw it coming.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i went with 2 inch crow padded and 5 point but could not find a good way to mount the 5th strap thanks for the link Thunderhawk Performance
i will have to get a set of these

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
That'e what I used firepole and they are nice.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts