Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the best lift ? I know Racertech is very popular, but have read about failures lately. So what do you run, what is your experiace with the kit, good and bad ?

·
Screw dunes..show me mud!
1,168 Posts
If you have an older machine (before 2011), I'd at least look at the Rok-Tek. Had mine since machine was new with zero problems and love it.

·
Screw dunes..show me mud!
1,168 Posts
In that case, I'd suggest Rubberdown

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, after some research I'm gonna have to say the Racertech lift is the one I would buy. Thanks to those who replied.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
"There has been several on here that have had failures in the past 3 months or so.. "

I am on here every day.
I have NEVER seen this.
Show me the threads and then I will believe it.
That being said...
I had a Rubberdown lift kit on my 2011 didn't like it at all.
I won't slam their kit on a forum.
It just did not work for me.
Racertech was the best decision I made.
I love it and I even have stock shocks.

Doug

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I can't at this point. I was pretty sure I read about front shock mount failure. I guess I was wrong. In searching the kits out there it seems the Racertech lift is the most highly regarded. I am going to try some different wheels and tires and am trying to do it with no lift at all.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
you can look into rubberdown customs, also a forum sponsor
Any issues with axle bind on their lifts. I would seriously do Racertech if I knew it would be 100% reliable.
from what ive heard they dont have any binding issues, im also thinking about a lift, i put superatv springs on and that lifted it a bit, im just not sure if the springs and a lift together would be a good idea, with the weak axles

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
No I can't at this point. I was pretty sure I read about front shock mount failure. I guess I was wrong. In searching the kits out there it seems the Racertech lift is the most highly regarded. I am going to try some different wheels and tires and am trying to do it with no lift at all.
Good call. I put on Makn/Trax springs and 26 inch Bighorns and got more lift from the stock set up and a 2 inch lift. A better ride to boot.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Good call. I put on Makn/Trax springs and 26 inch Bighorns and got more lift from the stock set up and a 2 inch lift. A better ride to boot.
Well, that is what I ended up doing, and like the ride a lot.

Apparently, my posting on this subject has annoyed a forum sponsor because I have never bought anything from his particular store.

That being said, as far as the reports of failure on a certain very popular lift, I believe that pretty much limited to the father/son combo here who use their rides full out and balls to the wall, racing and dune jumping, most would never have an issue but if you ride like that you are going to have to beef up the lift, bolts, and whatever to take the strain.

Both mentioned kits work, and neither will bind you axles on the 2011+ models, I just decided I like the upgraded suspension ILO a lift.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Jim,
I have an 11 and I did have binding with one of the kits mentioned.
It wasn't racertech.
I had enough binding that it was noisy and clicking at the CVs.
I took it off and put on the racertech kit.
The noises totally disappeared.
Maybe mine was the only one ever to have an issue,but it did.

Doug

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Jim,
I have an 11 and I did have binding with one of the kits mentioned.
It wasn't racertech.
I had enough binding that it was noisy and clicking at the CVs.
I took it off and put on the racertech kit.
The noises totally disappeared.
Maybe mine was the only one ever to have an issue,but it did.

Doug
Never had that problem, and checked it several times. Just was never comfortable with the lift kit, seemed like a band aid fix for low clearance, and obviously the Polaris did not but on those petite axles for the benefit of putting more strain on them with a lift.

I would have had a problem reselling my lift to somebody if it had bound my axles...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I sold mine to a guy I used to work with that has a 570.
He bugged the crap out of me for it.
I told him that I would give him his money back if he had any issues.
He said it worked fine.
I found out just the other day that he took it off and bought a racertech lift.
He said he had no issues,but liked the racertech set up better.
I am not saying the other kit is bad.
I am just saying I had the mentioned issue with mine.

Doug

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, that is what I ended up doing, and like the ride a lot.

Apparently, my posting on this subject has annoyed a forum sponsor because I have never bought anything from his particular store.

That being said, as far as the reports of failure on a certain very popular lift, I believe that pretty much limited to the father/son combo here who use their rides full out and balls to the wall, racing and dune jumping, most would never have an issue but if you ride like that you are going to have to beef up the lift, bolts, and whatever to take the strain.
That's probably where I read about it. I do have MT1 shocks and MT progressive springs, I am hopeful I can run the 26.5 Pitbulls with no issues.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts