Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Vendor
10,380 Posts
The number was never that high, or high enough for me to catch it. You have to realize we only sold 1500-2000 gates belts a year and we sold 1384 our of our own belts just last month and now almost 18,000 in 22 months so with these numbers easy to see. Like I said, I never put the pieces together until I was checking overtravel on our belts

·
Vendor
10,380 Posts
What I can tell you after we started selling ours, the gates just dropped off, we took them off the site and recently put some back on when we started our other site. So ever since i figured that out, when the topic comes up I mention it but I sure will sell you one if you want it. You should watch our nutnbutbelts.com intro video where I explain why I sell other brands.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I sold them before ours and that second comment was about a 900 not a 1000 and still applicable. I didn't find out why they were blowing at high speed until after we were selling ours and was testing belt travel on our thick belt and that is when i found out about overtravel in the 1000 clutch with all belts, hence the std washer we now have and during that process I found out about the 27C4159 being shorter and wide and way overtravelling and that explained the high speed blowing that I never knew why before nor dug into that hard. I was not responsible for Gates belts just ours.

We still sell some gates belts for them who want them, so I still "push" as you say I call it selling.

Gates wants me to private label some belts now, guess why I have not done it yet? One I don't need to our present line and manufacturer are great, two they do not work well with me, I can't seem to get them to change the 27c4159 and the new Redline 27R4159 is supposed to be the same as the C but it interestingly is too long.

So what you are bringing up, is one is still true on the 900 and the 1000 belt I didn't know why until after making and testing ours with it.

Not sure if you were trying to catch me in something, but we are pretty honest folks over here and we do make mistakes sometimes or find out things later but never to mislead anyone etc.

Todd
But you never shared the information?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Big thanks to Hunterworks!

Hunterworks is doing more for the Polaris belt and clutch problems than anyone. Without his innovative steps to correct the problems Polaris refuses to fix I would have bought a different brand. You will not find anyone providing as much support for Polaris belt and clutch problems. That is a fact!

Lot of belt options. But none of the guys selling those belts have dedicated the time and testing it takes to get past these hurdles. If you find other companies specializing in just belts with the support Todd provides please share. Try calling the Gates belt guy who is changing designs every few months and offering support for your belt and clutch problems that work. Who is he? What is his email and phone number? Where are his support threads/post?

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Big thanks to Hunterworks!

Hunterworks is doing more for the Polaris belt and clutch problems than anyone. Without his innovative steps to correct the problems Polaris refuses to fix I would have bought a different brand. You will not find anyone providing as much support for Polaris belt and clutch problems. That is a fact!

Lot of belt options. But none of the guys selling those belts have dedicated the time and testing it takes to get past these hurdles. If you find other companies specializing in just belts with the support Todd provides please share. Try calling the Gates belt guy who is changing designs every few months and offering support for your belt and clutch problems that work. Who is he? What is his email and phone number? Where are his support threads/post?

·
Vendor
10,380 Posts
By his numbers, 1500-2000 a year since 2013, he probably sold what, 8000-10000 of them. Sorry, I'm pressed to believe that not a single one failed except for the reasons he listed in the post where he praising them for being great belts.
No one said they didn't fail like any belt, you do understand that Gates does their own warranty process so I would not have been getting that much feedback on them for any failure where as we do our own and get tons of feedback.

I still think they are good belts, I just only recently found out the 27c4159 is not dimensioned right

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm no belt expert. What I do know is I'm happy to have found a belt that endures my 1200 mile season of heavy use without issue! I'm changing the belt as a yearly maintenance item and that is exactly how it should be.......

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well the Gates belt lasted 6 days... about 300 miles.😭 It was all forest road riding (Utah Paiute) and never exceeded 40mph. Really wasn’t hard on the belt at all. Outside temps were in the 60s.

It completely grenaded by separating into 2 layers and chunks everywhere. Was just cruising at about 15mph when it let go. It’s like the glue just gave way. Gonna see if Gates will warranty it.
Just received my replacement warranty belt from Gates. Took a couple weeks and cost $15 for the replacement. I think this was very acceptable. I am glad Gates stood up to their 1 year warranty and the slight charge was worth it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts