Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Quicksilver
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to inspect my belt. I could inspect it but couldn't take the cover off. Do I have to take the shock off?

sent from my giant Galaxy Note

·
Quicksilver
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda sucks that I need a jack to.take it off. I guess I can still sneek a belt change in there without completely removing the cover.

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
Yes you have to take the bottom bolt out of the shock and swing the shock out of the way to remove the cover... You can look and clean it with it on but it's much easier when it's removed...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Shock can stay on. It's a little harder but very doable. Leave the shock on. It'll help you learn how to do it of you need to change one on the trail.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yes the Fox are 2" and the Walker Evans are 2.5" and that's just the body diameter the springs are probably 4 to 4.5" in diameter on the XP4.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I am on my 3rd belt in my 2011 xp and havent removed the shock to get the cover off, just did it yesturday!! takes 2 guys or something heavy. put some weights.. 200lbs or more on the back to compress the shocks, take the cover off and turn with the it back up and it will twist out. its tight but comes right out.

·
Quicksilver
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So maybe I should've rephrased my question as

"I wanted to inspect my belt on my 2012 900 XP4 with WERS. I could inspect it but couldn't take the cover off. Do I have to take the shock off on my 2012 900 XP4 with WERS? I realized mine may be a different scenario than a regular XP with the smaller Fox shocks" :):)

Thanks for the earlier replies tho!

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a 2014 xp 1000 with W.E. shocks and same thing i doint think you can remove the belt cover without remove the rear shock how stupid... or am i just too stupid to get the cover off lol!
did you ever get it out>?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just did it for the first time yesterday. I didn't need to loosen the shock. I did however have a tough time getting the 3 forward screws out without laying on the ground.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The only time you have to remove the shock is when you have the suspension in fully extended (like on jack stands or jack) The shock angle changes and makes it impossible to get the cover removed.

In normal conditions, you rotate cover counterclockwise and you will see what you need to do. It's hard to explain but once you there you will see what everyone means

1 - 16 of 16 Posts