Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a lock n load stage 3 kit from Afyermarket Assassins and I can't even get my belt off. Boy am I in trouble. Haha!

·
Premium Member
10,039 Posts
You can just remove bolt and then snap ring and belt will come off. Pay attention to order of washers.

·
Registered
873 Posts
mark each side with a magic marker as i believe the secondary unit is a balanced unit...but yes removing secondary bolt will work...once it is off i would run a tap into those 2 holes...

·
Registered
166 Posts
You won't be able to get the belt back on without being able to spread the secondary. Use another bolt and see if it will thread into the clutch. If not then chase the threads in the clutch and the tool, or replace the tool... It looks like the threads at the end of the tool are a little jacked up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I have two of these tools, same issue. The threads are getting a little messed up because the threaded holes are just too small. Heading to the dealership today with the clutch cover to request a tool that works here. This should be interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Thanks guys. I have two of these tools, same issue. The threads are getting a little messed up because the threaded holes are just too small. Heading to the dealership today with the clutch cover to request a tool that works here. This should be interesting.
This is not that uncommon ..It is probably the threads in the secondary
On one of the 2 ..2018 XPTs we have one of them had this same problem, the aluminum threads were not cleaned out and it needed to be tapped out
Once this was done on both holes no problem ...You will need that tool to do a proper belt change

I assume you have looked at the threads on the tool and they are ok?

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Just take the secondary outer sheave off and run the correct tap size thru the holes ...your problem will be solved....I can not remember what tap size it was but it was very common

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, it's confirmed by Bert's Mega Mall So Cal's largest sports craft dealership, the threads are wrong and need to be re-tapped. I bought this car from them a few months ago and they said there's nothing they can do for me. I need to buy and re-tap myself. They do not carry a 6x1.25 tap that they said is not common. Fortunately this didn't happen on the trail. It goes to show all the hype about learning how to change your belt in the driveway with a new car before you ride would be important for numerous reasons.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,272 Posts
1/4-20 bolt is what I carry for a belt tool, works perfect.

In reality, you can drill and tap those holes with whatever size suits your fancy, there’s no complex mechanism there, just threading through the outer half and pushing on the inner half

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
261 Posts
You bought it new from them and they admitted it's wrong and they can't do anything for you? Another fine example of customer service.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep! Even saw my salesman today. I tried threading a 1/4 - 20 back and forth, no luck. I have two sets of taps and dies but no 6x1.25 or 1/4 -20. Pretty rediculous. I will call Polaris tomorrow and tell them to send me a new secondary cover or the right tap. Bert's should have taken care of this really. I would like the threads to match the right tool

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Hummm something don't sound right to me. I have had nothing but stellar service from Bert's. Driving all the way from Santa Clarita is haul. Did you have a conversation with the service manager Ryan?
If this is a "common" thing, one would think that there should be a simple, no-hassle fix. I can say that the tool that came with the my Turbo hurts my fingers when I change the belt but it does work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hummm something don't sound right to me. I have had nothing but stellar service from Bert's. Driving all the way from Santa Clarita is haul. Did you have a conversation with the service manager Ryan?
If this is a "common" thing, one would think that there should be a simple, no-hassle fix. I can say that the tool that came with the my Turbo hurts my fingers when I change the belt but it does work.
Well, that's what happend Randy. I started in parts dept. Asking for the right tool that I may purchase. When they said they didn't have any in stock I showed them two in my pocket and asked if that was the right tool. They confirmed there are no other sizes available. That was the right tool and they couldn't help. They sent me to Sean who works in pick up who is a smart cookie. He confirmed, something is wrong here! He ran my clutch cover back to the guys in service who said they didn't have the right tap. Sean told me the tap size is unique and said to purchase myself. He did say sorry and there was nothing they could do. That's what happend Randy.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts