Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's been a while since I've had to buy a belt but I've been running the Gates 27C4159 on m 2014 4 seater. I've seen that might not be the best belt out there these days and I was seeing what everyone is running now. I was looking at the Trinity Racing worlds best belt and wanted to know the opinions on those are.

And I was also thinking of installing a belt temp gauge. i know Razorback has been around for a while but I do like the look of the AIM belt gauge. Whats everyone's opinion on which of these two are a better gauge.

Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Gboost makes Trinity's belt... That is the only aftermarket belt I would run besides OEM... I had nothing but problems with gates on my XP1K... Put a gboost on and ran 2500 trouble free miles before I sold it.. a lot of those miles were high speed 50-70 mph.. make sure to buy the world's best... That is their top of the line

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,200 Posts
Gboost makes Trinity's belt... That is the only aftermarket belt I would run besides OEM... I had nothing but problems with gates on my XP1K... Put a gboost on and ran 2500 trouble free miles before I sold it.. a lot of those miles were high speed 50-70 mph.. make sure to buy the world's best... That is their top of the line
Trinity, AA, Super ATV, Evo, all the same belt made by Gboost

OEM is still my top pick, the above coming in a close second. Hunterworks is decent on an NA machine, I wouldn't use Gates' belt if you paid me.

I'd pick the AIM over the Razorback, better display, & logging capability.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Hunterworks..

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
224 Posts
The AIM is a nicer guage, but it isn't waterproof, as I understand it. For me, I have to go with the razorback, just because it is 100% waterproof. But, I am a swamper / mudder. For you, it may be different.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,200 Posts
The AIM is a nicer guage, but it isn't waterproof, as I understand it. For me, I have to go with the razorback, just because it is 100% waterproof. But, I am a swamper / mudder. For you, it may be different.
Both gauges show an IP65 ( water resistant ) rating for the gauge itself. Razorback gives an IP-67 ( submersible, some pressure resistance) to the sensor and connectors, AIM does not provide a rating for the sensor or connectors, however the connector they use is rated as IP-67 in other applications. Might be worth a call or e-mail to AIM to verify, but I suspect the sensor and connectors carry the IP-67 rating as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts