Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve gone through a couple different tie down plugs but they all seep to pull out pretty easily when tieing down heavier items like tool box or full coolers. Don’t want to lose my stuff. Is there a tie down that holds secure? My can am has a tie down that bolts through with a plate on the top and bottom. I have been using a strap from each side of the roll bar for my old tool kit but I’ve recently gotten a smaller tool kit and would like to strap it down to the tie down holes inside the bed. I’ve searched both the site and google but all I see is the traditional compression fit tie down plugs. If that’s my only option, are there some that are better than others? Tool kit is pretty heavy so it must be secure.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looked up litt. That looks like it could be an option. I use rigid tool boxes and they have brackets to hold them in. Problem is I use two small boxes so I can keep tools separated (battery power tools in one, wrenches screwdrivers and miscellaneous stuff in the other). Not sure if the hold downs will work. I’m headed to Glamis for a week and will look more into it when I get back. For now, I’ll just have to get creative with ratchet straps.

· Registered
2,689 Posts
I know of some billet ones from a next to horrible company that charges probably close to 12x for them compared to what it costs to make them..

I know this is helpful.

I wanted some, inquired to see if I could get like a $2 discount if I bought 3 sets.. guy at the receiving end of my messages said na, Nuh uh.

· Registered
230 Posts
Looked up litt. That looks like it could be an option. I use rigid tool boxes and they have brackets to hold them in. Problem is I use two small boxes so I can keep tools separated (battery power tools in one, wrenches screwdrivers and miscellaneous stuff in the other). Not sure if the hold downs will work. I’m headed to Glamis for a week and will look more into it when I get back. For now, I’ll just have to get creative with ratchet straps.
The hold downs are very specific to 2 different models of Ridgid toolboxes. I bought all my parts from Litt last week, after coming home from Glamis. Message me if you have any questions.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The hold downs are very specific to 2 different models of Ridgid toolboxes. I bought all my parts from Litt last week, after coming home from Glamis. Message me if you have any questions.
yeah, I saw that. I actually have the bigger Gen 1 box but I keep that one in my trailer. I like having the two small boxes to keep my stuff better organized. I will just use a ratchet strap for now and maybe get the plugs/hooks when I get back. I think the stud and 6 shooters will work best for my needs. If I spend that kind of money for bed Tie down plugs, they better work perfect for my needs. Looks like over $100 for 4 tie down points. Pretty steep. Might just buy some eyelet bolts, flat washers and nuts with a cable like shown above for a heck of a lot cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts