Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called a Polaris dealer in Wisconsin and the Master technician told me that they don't color match bearings they use "schematics" and the total for the "whole set" was over $400.

I need help to color match the bearings for a 2017 Polaris RZR XP4 1000 Hoghlifter edition:
Crank case 2,2,1,2,2,2
Crankshaft G,B,G,B,G,G
Connecting rods 2,2

I'm rebuilding my engine and don't want to blow the crankshaft over a poor advise.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,198 Posts
"Bearing selection matrix" is what I most often hear it called

Here's the entire service manual if you need it:

From past experience...even using the selection matrix, I would still verify clearances with plastigage during assembly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Bearin selection matrix" is what I most often hear it called

View attachment 653730

Here's the entire service manual if you need it:

From past experience...even using the selection matrix, I would still verify clearances with plastigage during assembly
Damn I paid $100 a few weeks ago for the service manual.. I reffered to the manual and thats where I got confused. Don't understand exactly how to match it for the Correct color for the crankshaft and balance shaft.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,198 Posts
Damn I paid $100 a few weeks ago for the service manual.. I reffered to the manual and thats where I got confused. Don't understand exactly how to match it for the Correct color for the crankshaft and balance shaft.
Damn...somebody stabbed ya pretty good on that manual....I think my hardcopy was $40.

Yours decodes like this:
Rod Bearings: 2,2, match up to the 2nd & 4th letters on the crank
MAG: (2-B) - Blue
PTO: (2-B) - Blue

Crankshaft: 2&4 are the rod journals, so the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 6th letter match up to the 1st,2nd,3rd,and 4th numbers on the case
MAG
1- (2-G) - Green
2- MAG Rod Journal
3- (2-G) - Green
4- PTO Rod Journal
5-(1-G) - Blue
6-(2-G) - Green
PTO

The 5th and 6th numbers on the case would match up to numbers on the balance shaft. but after 2016, those are all standardized and don't need decoding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn...somebody stabbed ya pretty good on that manual....I think my hardcopy was $40.

Yours decodes like this:
Rod Bearings: 2,2, match up to the 2nd & 4th letters on the crank
MAG: (2-B) - Blue
PTO: (2-B) - Blue

Crankshaft: 2&4 are the rod journals, so the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 6th letter match up to the 1st,2nd,3rd,and 4th numbers on the case
MAG
1- (2-G) - Green
2- MAG Rod Journal
3- (2-G) - Green
4- PTO Rod Journal
5-(1-G) - Blue
6-(2-G) - Green
PTO

The 5th and 6th numbers on the case would match up to numbers on the balance shaft. but after 2016, those are all standardized and don't need decoding.
So this ones I had them correct I really appretiate your input.. by any means do you know which colors I have to order for the balance shaft?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,198 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello everyone, again!..

I ordered a new Crankshaft and vonnecting rods from hotrod but apparently for the connecting rods they sent me green bearings instead of blue. Should I order blue bearings from partzilla or could I install the green ones without blowing the thing again?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,198 Posts
Hello everyone, again!..

I ordered a new Crankshaft and vonnecting rods from hotrod but apparently for the connecting rods they sent me green bearings instead of blue. Should I order blue bearings from partzilla or could I install the green ones without blowing the thing again?
I would contact them for clarification, the rod bearings would depend on the crank
and rods themselves, which you got both from them. I would assume they would match the bearings to the crank and rods they sent you, but I would still contact them to make sure.

Also... plastigage. Check the clearances on assembly regardless of whatever bearings you’re “supposed” to use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would contact them for clarification, the rod bearings would depend on the crank
and rods themselves, which you got both from them. I would assume they would match the bearings to the crank and rods they sent you, but I would still contact them to make sure.

Also... plastigage. Check the clearances on assembly regardless of whatever bearings you’re “supposed” to use.
Thanks man, this rebuild has been delayed for like a month.. I will do that and plastigauge it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts