Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Thanks for posting Frank. This is scary. I've been considering a 4 seat Turbo S. One thing I discovered is that there is little to no protection from this in the front two seats.

·
Registered
40 Posts
OH MY!! I never even considered this happening! Hope the rider pictured makes a full recovery. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow - that's hard to look at - hope he's recovering ok.

I'm hoping to avoid this from happening to me - just installed a set of McNasty floor guards. In combination with a good aftermarket skid, this should provide a lot more protection from these types of accidents.

-Jason

Attachments

·
The Lone Rzr
2,355 Posts
Dang!
I had to scroll down really fast:surprise
Is there a link to the story
Wonder how he's doing or how he handled the situation
I would have passed out

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Unfortunately, I witness a branch go between a metal roof and a windshield and strike a passengers hand one night. Luckily, she didn't break any bones but her hand swelled and bruised pretty bad. Hopefully, the guy in the picture has a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow, when I saw this for the first time I thought it was a freak accident, but now i've seen 4 or 5. You would think it would become a safety issue at some point and mfg would be required to beef up that floorboard a little more. I realize there are risks, but this is one the average rider never thinks about.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
While back I seen pics somewhere of a 4 seater. A 3” to 4” diameter tree limb went through passenger front fire wall, through front and rear seats before punching a hole through the rear fire wall. Fortunately he had no passengers

Frank, that’s a very good point on the full skid plate protection!! Guess I never associated the skid plate with protection against this. I have the McNasty fender inlays guess it’s time to make a 1/2” thick UHMW full skid

·
Registered
543 Posts
Frank, that’s a very good point on the full skid plate protection!! Guess I never associated the skid plate with protection against this. I have the McNasty fender inlays guess it’s time to make a 1/2” thick UHMW full skid
Skids are great, but most of the ones I have seen are coming from the front where skids don't cover.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Skids are great, but most of the ones I have seen are coming from the front where skids don't cover.
What protection do you use for that? :surprise

1 - 20 of 47 Posts