Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2016 570 rzr white lightning last summer and the battery was starting to fail. I went to my local dealer yesterday to discuss a 30a battery instead of the standard 14a and they would not sell me one. I explained that I had read multiple times on this and other forums that it is regularly done and will fit by simply replacing the hold down bracket but they would not budge stating the larger battery would harm the stator, rectifier, and starter. I called Polaris and could not get answers there as my vin only designates the 14a. So what gives? Is this accurate? I finally came home with the 14a battery knowing I will not be happy down the road.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Take that battery back and go to a battery shop that knows what it's talking about. The stator, rectifier and starter in the base are the exact same as the EPS that comes with the 30a battery.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm interesting. One would think a Polaris dealer would know more about a Rzr than a generic battery shop.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I would look for a new dealer. Obviously the parts guy is a moron. Perhaps get the shop mechanic to confirm the bigger battery is OK to use. Maybe they had old stock on the 14A battery and wanted it gone.

Ask them if its OK to use a larger battery for winching? Anyone who installs a large winch and doesnt upgrade the battery is a fool.

·
Premium Member
7,256 Posts
Hmm interesting. One would think a Polaris dealer would know more about a Rzr than a generic battery shop.
One would think, but apparently your dealer can't find his ___ with both hands. Upgrading the battery to the LE spec 30AH battery was one of the first things I did to my 2012 570, same time as installing the winch. I did buy the LE model battery holddown from my dealer, but the battery came from Walmart. I might mis-remember, but the only electrical difference I remember between my base model and the LE model was that it had hi-lo beam headlights in that model year. (And the 30AH battery, of course.) And maybe power steering, 2012 was a few model years back...

I'd find a new dealer, pronto.

·
Premium Member
7,256 Posts
Part of the problem is the parts guys (and Polaris *tech* support) is taught to only recommend what's on the parts list for that VIN. If you were to ask them if you could (common mod) go up an inch and out an inch in tire size, they would have a laundry list of troubles it would cause. (Oh yeah, I did that mod too; no harmful effects)

As HR said, take that battery back for a refund and run, don't walk, from that dealership.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is unfortunate that they are so closed minded about this. The dealer is a large one and well respected in Decatur Illinois. Not just a mom & pop garage with one machine.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
What Denver said. For protections or whatever even their national call centers for parts will not give any information if the part doesn’t come on the vehicle you told them you have. I experienced this first hand when researching a fascia swap, they wouldn’t even help with paint code information that didn’t pertain to my exact model.

·
Vandal
682 Posts
I purchased a 2016 570 rzr white lightning last summer and the battery was starting to fail. I went to my local dealer yesterday to discuss a 30a battery instead of the standard 14a and they would not sell me one. I explained that I had read multiple times on this and other forums that it is regularly done and will fit by simply replacing the hold down bracket but they would not budge stating the larger battery would harm the stator, rectifier, and starter. I called Polaris and could not get answers there as my vin only designates the 14a. So what gives? Is this accurate? I finally came home with the 14a battery knowing I will not be happy down the road.
What do you mean that they wouldn't sell you one. Impossible. They are in business to sell s>:t I believe you just took their crock of S><t and walked out. Ive never been to any store that wouldn't sell me what I wanted. Grow a set and go back and tell them you want the battery and not their opinions about the battery

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could be your kahunas are so big the brood rushed away from your brain along with your tact. Safe the insulting advise for your psychology forum.

·
Vandal
682 Posts
Could be your kahunas are so big the brood rushed away from your brain along with your tact. Safe the insulting advise for your psychology forum.
I wasn't trying to be tactful.I was just calling BS on your post If you didn't get the battery you wanted then you let them talk you out of it. Oh yeah its blood not brood and save not safe. :wink

·
Premium Member
7,256 Posts
You achieved you goal, ahole.
*your goal*

He's not an asshole. He's an old fart like me, calls it like he sees it. Not thin skinned nor politically correct. Don't take it personally, he'd tell me the same thing in the same situation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I'm an old fart too and he doesn't call it like he "sees it" cause he wasn't there. Age is no reason to be a jerk!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow...I enjoy coming here and learning. No flame wars, no trolling and then this. The original poster wasn't being a snide smart ass, but Vandal's retort was. Real tough guys on the internets.
I'm an old fart too, but that's no excuse to be a rectum. There are enough of those piloting cars and populating the news without encountering it here.
Carry on please

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I am surprised the dealer asked for a vin number in the first place when you went to get a battery, makes me think they were playing good cop just to check and make sure you didn't buy a stolen rzr.

·
Vandal
682 Posts
Well, I'm an old fart too and he doesn't call it like he "sees it" cause he wasn't there. Age is no reason to be a jerk!
Coming on here and telling us that Polaris or any other vendor WOULDNT sell you something is a complete crock of S#$t.. No one has ever told me that they weren't going to sell me something and they didn't tell you that either You just caved in when they told you that it wouldn't work on your machine, even though you had read on here that it would. Why come here looking for answers and then disregard the information you got here, just because some $10.00 an hour parts clerk, who has no idea what he's talking about, tells you it wont work and you let him talk you out of it. Sorry but if telling the truth offends you and makes me a jerk, you're on the wrong forum, because you will hear more of this on this forum, so either thicken your skin or your feelings are going to get hurt

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well for me this was an informative post. Since I do want to upgrade my battery. From reading this post I'm getting that I should order the battery for the LE model, which is a 30amp battery. The LE model also has a different battery hold down? Do we need to get that to properly secure the battery?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts