Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few air ratchets and I hate them. The air hose is a pain in the azz and they are slow. I do not have high end ones. I got an email about some 12 volt ones from Milwaukee and watched this video.

They seem nice, but I do not want to invest in more shit tools.

I can get a pretty nice ratchet for $175......

Milwaukee 2457-21 3/8-in Cordless M12 Lithium-Ion Ratchet Kit

·
Registered
129 Posts
Milwaukee tools are really nice, I've been using their cordless stuff for years. However I recently impulsively bought a set of Dewalt 20V XR Lithium ion 1/4" impact driver and drill. Call me impressed, each tool weighs about 1/2 what the Milwaukee stuff did and is about half the size while giving over double the battery life.

Shop DEWALT 2-Tool 20-Volt Max Lithium Ion Brushless Motor Cordless Combo Kit with Soft Case at Lowes.com max|DEWALT

I've never had much use for air ratchets either, if I can't get a cordless impact driver into where I'm working I find it's just easier to use a standard ratchet.

·
Registered
256 Posts
We work in the patch and have been using the 18 volt cordless Milwaukee Impacts, drills, sawzalls and grinders for 3 years now. They are simply amazing.

we change the tires on our rigs with the impacts and have never had an issue. there are some times when we need to use a breaker bar to loosen a lug nut but the impact doesn't let us down very often.

I give them 10 out of 10!

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
I have the 3/8 Milwaukee and use it regularly. I wouldn't compare it to an air model where torque is concerned though. It does a good job and if this one dies I will get another one. Go to Home Depot and try it out,you can always return it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a few air ratchets and I hate them. The air hose is a pain in the azz and they are slow. I do not have high end ones. I got an email about some 12 volt ones from Milwaukee and watched this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rznYqcddpgg

They seem nice, but I do not want to invest in more shit tools.

I can get a pretty nice ratchet for $175......

Milwaukee 2457-21 3/8-in Cordless M12 Lithium-Ion Ratchet Kit
That Milwaukee M12 ratchet is great, I use it everyday at work. I have used many others and it is at the top of my list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I havent used the milwaukee but i picked up a used Mac 3/8 battery impact that interchanges with dewalt batteries on ebay pretty cheap and for a 12v impact its pretty stout.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have the Milwaukee ratchet, it does work well, but it never gets used. I do use my Makita 18v impact driver with socket adapters almost exclusively. The ratchet is fairly slow compared to the impact driver.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
All my tools are rigid. From the 1/2 " impact to circular saw. Excellent tools . Lifetime warranty on tool and battery also . Tried them about 7 yrs ago and loved them. Haven't bought anything else since. Heavy duty tools for the task at hand

1 - 12 of 12 Posts