Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the rzr to wolf pen gap, had problem with the battery light flashing at times while running, didn't really matter what rpm, though the whole rpm range from idle to 5000, it would stop for a bit, do it again for a bit, did get stuck out 1 time when I shut it down, would not start, had to jump it, on way back to camp, did the same thing, but this time when i shut it down it started back up,went to byrds adventure park did the same thing, checked the voltage when it would not start and it was 10.2 vdc, had to jump it and just not shut it down when out on the trails,now back home it cranks right up, about 11.8 vdc not running, and over 13 vdc running, i did notice my regulator gets very hot to the touch, its a 2008, so it seems i have a problem, any suggestions

·
Registered
34 Posts
Relocate the rectifier/regulator. Move it up front in front of the radiator. That is exactly what Polaris did to keep it cooler.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
try charging your battery if its too low the reg wont charge it well....or your battery might be going bad have it load tested

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
try charging your battery if its too low the reg wont charge it well....or your battery might be going bad have it load tested
X2 on the battery.
I've seen people chase this kind of problem thinking it must be some big deal when the whole time it was just a battery.

How old is the battery?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing..any rpm..doesnt matter if lights or on or what. tho it sat for 2 weeks and i started it up today just fine..going to throw in a new battery and see what happens.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im on my second regualtor, It cooked my batt,Its located up front. Im concidering drilling some vent holes in the hood or purchasing a vented hood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts