Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase a Mega Crank MTX-30L AGM Maintenance Free Battery back in Nov. of 2016, starting to have some starting problems. Just read to thread by Jery about rebuilding the starter. I, too, use mine around the house with many starts. Just wondering if the life of the battery is about up or maybe should be looking at the rebuild brush kit. Original battery last about 2 1/2 years, similar to this one. Is this about normal? Did do a lot of plowing this year (winch use). Going to start with a load test on the battery. Looking for opinions before I start spending money.

·
Registered
660 Posts
In almost every electrical problem it is best to verify the battery is good before continuing diagnosing. A battery with a defect can cause starting, charging, and other issues. Batteries, expensive or not, can last several years or a few months. There is no normal.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Verify system is charging properly. I have had 3 battery in my 2013. The original lasted 1 year. Second aftermarket didnt even last 1 season. Third has been going strong but I wont be surprised if it does this year. ATvV battery take z lot of vibration and shock loads.

I find my key switch is starting to not make contact correctly. I have to turn the key fully to the start position or it acts like the starter wont engage. New switches are dirt cheap on Ebay or aliexpress. Polaris wants a stupid ammount for one.

·
Vandal
788 Posts
Ive had my battery three years now and it stills starts everytime. I do keep it on a battery tender and always connect it back to the tender after every use. The tenders are worth their weight in gold

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ive had my battery three years now and it stills starts everytime. I do keep it on a battery tender and always connect it back to the tender after every use. The tenders are worth their weight in gold
My 900s battery is 3 years old, never had a tender on it. Expecting many more.
My original tractor battery lasted 11 years.
My original street bike battery lasted 9 years.
The battery in my pickup truck has been in there since 2005, still going strong.
None ever had a battery tender on them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand that batteries last differently in different vehicle. My 2002 Ford is still on the original battery. My 2002 Yamaha Grizzly 660 battery lasted 14 years. I'm interested in the average life of batteries in the 570's.

·
Vandal
788 Posts
My 900s battery is 3 years old, never had a tender on it. Expecting many more.
My original tractor battery lasted 11 years.
My original street bike battery lasted 9 years.
The battery in my pickup truck has been in there since 2005, still going strong.
None ever had a battery tender on them.
You better count your blessings

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Having a squadron of motorcycles, ATVs and RZRs, I can't encourage you enough to keep these vehicles on a Quality Tender! IT really extends the lifetime of the battery!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just changed original battery on 2014 570 this weekend, i failed to use battery tender, hopefully I will on the new one

·
Registered
2009 rzr 800 converted to S width , WE shocks , 3 inch lift
640 Posts
Where I live batteries last 3 to 4 years if I take them out each winter avoiding the -15 to -33f I have seen in the last 21 years at home in Anchorage . Monthly charge while in storage .
Melted stator and voltage regulator / rectifier , dead batteries can do this. So jump starting at home is bad practice , for emergency use.
Charge battery then start.
Second corroded connectors melt the wiring and plugs.
3rd small diameter wire for the rectifier /Vreg , example cheap [email protected]# ,
4th rectifier / Vreg location lack of cooling. Relocation
Kits move them to airlow cooler areas.
5th reason cheap [email protected]# part has connector Backwards and is trying to reverse charge battery. Yes several reports of this.relocation or diy kit too.
Yellow wires to rectifier, are the stator output , red positive , black negative .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts