Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an AGM battery in my 800. I took it out at the end of last season to put on the trickle charger. It had sign’s of developing corrosion on the neg terminal. I cleaned it real well and placed on the charger. After while it started this again. I’ve now had it off the charger for a few weeks. The voltmeter still shows 12.5 v but this seem to continue to get worse even while not connected to anything. Hmm?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
It’s pretty normal. Gasses escaping the battery react with the lead post. Undercharging can make it worse. Coating the terminals with petroleum jelly or grease will minimize it.

Keeping the car on a battery tender will also help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Wheel & CrazyE. Is this battery compromised since gassed are escaping? It is normally constantly on its own Tender charger. I will clean it and apply dielectric grease.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
520 Posts
what kind of battery tender? i'm not sure how the failure mode would present itself, but some battery tenders are not designed for AGM batteries.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I just plug this in to my Weed Sprayer battery it’s AGM, New version charger.
P.S My Chinese AGM battery leaks from the negative post about five years old now just Grease it.
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Shoe Automotive lighting Street light Motor vehicle Gadget

1 - 10 of 10 Posts