Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Speedy
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's going to what? We should be doing both. Barstow is oct 13th-14th! And corva in Johnson valley on oct 20th-21st There is also the morongo valley search & rescue in jv on oct 6-7 but we won't make that one.looking forward to a busy season now that other family has a wildcat.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Ive been to the Johnson Valley Poker run a few years back. It was fun and some great riding. If I could make it this year I would. October is slammed with rides and different things going on.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Not a problem.

Man I would really like to do the CORVA JV one too but to close together maybe for us. The Barstow one last year was like Nov 5th & 6th. Really wish it could be farther apart this year.

Barstow one for sure this time and maybe the JV one if I can get it of. TDWTKGITW!

·
Speedy
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea jv is a little closer so we might do a day trip. It's a busy month. I didn't like how close together they were, but wanna put more miles on this year!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Well, it rained pretty good yesterday and a bit last night. We may have a little mud on the course, just like last year. That's cool, keeps the dust down a bit. Safe riding!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Ya we drove out Thursday afternoon and were in a rain storm down pour for about 5 minutes then just some light rain sprinkle for a bit after. All in all it was pretty good. Didn't seem as crowded as last time but still a lot of people there. Friday late afternoon and night the dirt road leading in looked like a train coming with all the RV's coming in.

Did anyone attend the drivers meeting? We got to it late and the guy putting it on said something about the the State of CA trying to charge him for something when this was a charity event and he had a BLM officer that helped hime with that so he didn't. We didn't get all of it and was wondewring what the hell does the state of CA wants now. Really cool guy putting it on. He explained why the price went up to $35.00 from $25.00 but said if anyone has a problem paying the extra $10.00 come talk to him and he would take care of it. He had lic. EMT's on board this time which I thought was really cool.

Great poker run and plan on attending all of them if I can.

·
Registered
368 Posts
We had a great time! This time it was a guy thing. My wife and granddaughter had other things to do so it was my son and grandson. With me and my son both working full time and then some, we don't get to spend much time together. I set in the back the last 3rd of the course and let my son drive. Man, I should have known better! :rofl3: He is a dirt track car driver and only gave it up after the birth of my grandson ($$$$$). That was the fastest that RZR4 has ever gone around that track! Does anybody know what the winning poker hands were Saturday afternoon? My grandson drew 3 9's on the last hand, but was plumb tuckered and we had to head home. Not real worried, that isn't really why we were out there, just wondering. :)

·
Speedy
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, our camp had the big winner 4 aces!! She took the table top BBQ then won the money bottle of wine and got top prize with the cash so it was a good trip and after one ride in the wildcat I was impressed but we are very happy with the rzr!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts